No announcement yet.

2K22 Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Passan intimates that due to the uncertainty of the CBA and when it will be signed, many AAAA-types will head overseas instead of making a mad, last minute scramble for a job in Feb/March. Just yesterday, Chris Gittens and Cody Ponce left to sign overseas, and a bunch others have already done so.

Also, today is the non-tender deadline day.

Comment

El Mago to the Tigers, $140M/6. The Cubs are so pathetic.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        El Mago to the Tigers, $140M/6. The Cubs are so pathetic.
        I guess it right in line with the Tigers recent moves. Good glove, decent bat but not so much with OBP and "questionable character". I heard from 97.1 Detroit radio station that he is poison on a team but I think that came from an incident last year on the Mets. Compared to Seager contract and Correa will probably get more I'm fairly happy with the signing.

Comment

Cubs signing Yan Gomes. Is this the end of Willson Contreras, or are they going to hold him for the possibility of the DH?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I guess it right in line with the Tigers recent moves. Good glove, decent bat but not so much with OBP and "questionable character". I heard from 97.1 Detroit radio station that he is poison on a team but I think that came from an incident last year on the Mets. Compared to Seager contract and Correa will probably get more I'm fairly happy with the signing.
            I've often wondered if you put together a team of "problem children", would they implode or would they bond together? It might be an interesting approach, as long as they could stay out of jail.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I've often wondered if you put together a team of "problem children", would they implode or would they bond together? It might be an interesting approach, as long as they could stay out of jail.
              Something on the order of the Suicide Squad.

Comment

Catcher Roberto Perez and his wet noodle of a bat to the Pirates for 1/$5M
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Jorge Alfaro traded to the Padres

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Jorge Alfaro traded to the Padres
                    So they have Nola, Caratini, Alfaro, and Camposano? Why?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Catcher Roberto Perez and his wet noodle of a bat to the Pirates for 1/$5M
                      Yeah, he was pretty terrible the last two seasons. The Pirates are probably hoping he can return to his 2019 form when he hit 24 hr, with 63 rbi, a .239 ba, and solid defense. Although, at age 33 and playing the catcher position, he may not have much left.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants sign SP Alex Cobb for 2 years/$20 million plus a $10 million club option for 2024.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Angels sign RP Raisel Iglesias for 4 years/$58 million.
                          Last edited by madducks; 12-01-2021, 11:48 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants re-sign LHP Alex Wood for 2 years/$25 million.

White Sox re-sign INF/OF Leury Garcia for 3 years/$16.5 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Corey Knebel to Phillies 1/$10M
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Mark Melancon to the D'Backs

Dodgers re-sign Chris Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X