No announcement yet.

2K22 Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free agent OF Cameron Maybin has announced his retirement at age 34. He finishes his career with a .254/.323/.374 batting line with 72 HR & 187 SB across 15 seasons for 10 different teams.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Zach Koons -With Major League Baseball in the midst of a lockout, the league’s official network decided to make a notable change to ring in the new year, parting ways with well-renowned insider Ken Rosenthal.

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, MLB Network cut ties with Rosenthal recently. It’s believed that the separation stems back to the summer of 2020 when the reporter criticized commissioner Rob Manfred.
      Andy Nesbitt's response here: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/01/mlb...of-mlb-network
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The A's sign 35-year-old 1B/DH Eric Thames to a minor league deal. Thames missed most of the 2021 season in Japan with a torn Achilles.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Free agent OF Cameron Maybin has announced his retirement at age 34. He finishes his career with a .254/.323/.374 batting line with 72 HR & 187 SB across 15 seasons for 10 different teams.
          Umjewman and I were discussing this recently. Cameron Maybin was one of the six young players/prospects the Tigers traded to the Marlins for Miguel Cabrera (and Dontrelle Willis). The only other one to make a major league impact was Andrew Miller.

Meanwhile Miggy is about to begin his 22nd season in the majors. And his combined contracts with the Tigers amount to 16 years, $400 million.

Since the trade, Detroit made the playoffs four times (2011-2014) with two ALCS appearances and one WS appearance, though no titles. The Marlins have made the playoffs once (2020, where they were swept in the NLDS). The Marlins also traded away their next generation of hitting stars (Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna) who’ve all gone on to varying degrees of success elsewhere (though no WS titles for any of them).
          Last edited by ThatRogue; 02-16-2022, 09:14 AM.
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• The Miami Marlins and CEO Derek Jeter have mutually agreed to part ways. Jeter is stepping down immediately, he announced Monday in a surprising move

Comment

• Yusei Kikuchi to the Blue Jays, 3 yrs $36m

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Yusei Kikuchi to the Blue Jays, 3 yrs $36m
                Blech.

I wanted to see Greinke on a 1 yr deal as a veteran innings eater, and I hate clogging the rotation with a known mediocrity for 3 yrs. The only good thing to see is the structure, 16/10/10, showing the Jays are already thinking about their upcoming extensions needed to keep the core together. (Vlad, Bichette, Teo)
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Chris Bassitt traded to the Mets

Comment

Chris Bassitt traded to the Mets
                    Wow, didn't see that one coming. Interesting. He is a great #3 behind DeGrom and Mad Max, and can step into the #2 spot if/when DeGrom goes down. Does this mean they are done getting pitching? They also have Cookie and Walker, so that is 5 legit quality starters when healthy. I assume they won't pony up for a 6th.

Comment

• Other signings:
                      Joe Kelly & Josh Harrison, CWS
                      Matt Strahm, BOS
                      Jordan Lyles & Robinson Chirinos, BAL
                      Niko Goodrum & Lewis Brinson, HOU
                      Andrelton Simmons, CHC
                      Alex Colome, COL
                      Jeurys Familia, PHI
                      Steve Cishek, WAS

Comment

• Nelson Cruz to the Nats on a two year deal worth $28M
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Nelson Cruz to the Nats on a two year deal worth $28M
                          1 yr $15m, corrected by Ken Rosenthal

Comment

• Seiya Suzuki to the Padres for 5 yrs

Comment

Seiya Suzuki to the Padres for 5 yrs
                              Not Yet Rosenthal.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Cutch signs with Brewers
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X