No announcement yet.

2K22 Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta say, I think the Marlins overpaid for Wendle pretty significantly. Kameron Misner was a pretty highly touted prospect and a first round pick not that long ago. Of course, I dont know how well he came along in the minors. Does rhd have a take on Misner?

Comment

• Dylan Bundy to Twins 1/$5M
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Stroman to the Cubs

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Stroman to the Cubs
          Gregg will not be sad at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            I gotta say, I think the Marlins overpaid for Wendle pretty significantly. Kameron Misner was a pretty highly touted prospect and a first round pick not that long ago. Of course, I dont know how well he came along in the minors. Does rhd have a take on Misner?
            Wendle had his best year so far last year, posting a 3.8 bWAR. Misner has been somewhat underwhelming so far for a 1st rounder. So I wouldnt necessarily say they overpaid for Wendle. That said, Misner still is a promising prospect, w above average raw power and above-average speed. He may be able to handle all 3 OF positions. It may be another case of Tampa doing what they do best, which is rebuilding while competing. It isnt immediately clear where Wendle fits in in Miami. FG Roster Resource has him on the bench. Unless he replaces Rojas as the everyday SS, they may use him as a super-utility guy. He could be very valuable in that role, providing insurance for Chisholm if he struggles, as well as for Rojas. It may work out for both teams.

Comment

• Rich Hill to the Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Wendle had his best year so far last year, posting a 3.8 bWAR. Misner has been somewhat underwhelming so far for a 1st rounder. So I wouldnt necessarily say they overpaid for Wendle. That said, Misner still is a promising prospect, w above average raw power and above-average speed. He may be able to handle all 3 OF positions. It may be another case of Tampa doing what they do best, which is rebuilding while competing. It isnt immediately clear where Wendle fits in in Miami. FG Roster Resource has him on the bench. Unless he replaces Rojas as the everyday SS, they may use him as a super-utility guy. He could be very valuable in that role, providing insurance for Chisholm if he struggles, as well as for Rojas. It may work out for both teams.
                thumbs up, thanks. Yes Wendle is super util to start but will inevitably be the regular 3B once Anderson gets hurt again.

Comment

• Padres sign 31 year-old RHP Nick Martínez for 4 years/$20 million.

Martinez had a 1.62 ERA and 146/39 K/BB ratio across 149 2/3 innings for the SoftBank Hawks in Japan this past season. He also starred for Team USA during the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rich Hill to the Red Sox
                    For 1 year/$5 million.

The Red Sox also signed James Paxton for 1 year/$10 million.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Stroman to the Cubs
                      For 3 years/$71 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Corey Knebel to Phillies 1/$10M
                        I knew i shouldn't have dropped Evil Knebel.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A couple intriguing ex-pats returning to the Americas:

- Padres sign RHP Robert Suarez to a one-year contract with a player option for the 2023 season

He was one of the best closers in Japan last year. He's from Venezuela but never played in the US. He played a year in the Mexican League before going to Japan in 2016. He is 30 y/o.

- Padres and free agent right-hander Nick Martínez have agreed to a four-year, $20 million contract.

Martinez was a starter for the Rangers from 2014-17. He had a career 4.77 ERA and a poor 5.1 K/9. Last year, he was one of Japan's best starters, w a 1.60 ERA and a 8.8 K/9. He is 31 y/o.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Gregg will not be sad at them.
                            I am glad to see them actually pay for some talent. It would be nice to see them get competitive.

Comment

• Hunter Renfroe traded to the Brewers for JBJ and two prospects

Comment

Hunter Renfroe traded to the Brewers for JBJ and two prospects
                                Yup - here's more detail: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...radley-jr.html

I'm pretty surprised - the Brewer organization was very high on David Hamilton; more than one considered him the future Lorenzo Cain. I'm not gonna complain at all, though. Right field in Milwaukee is a lot easier to play than Fenway, and Renfroe's bat will play very well in Milwaukee. The Brewers get out of $17.5 MM of JBJ contract money, of which $8 MM would be dead money in a buyout next year.

Leave it to David Stearns to pull off a deal about two breaths before his boss votes for a lockout.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X