Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    My final roster:

Black Dog
    Going to California
    Boogie with Stu
    The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
    Hot Dog
    Black Country Woman
    Long Tall Sally
    Bonzo’s Montreux
    Gregg went off the beaten path! Hot Dog and Boogie are such huge favorites of mine! Can't go wrong with the two songs from IV. Black Country is enjoyable. The other 3 are just ok for me.

The entire Royal Albert Hall performance is incendiary!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      My roster:

1.10 Ramble On
      2.01 No Quarter
      3.10 The Rain Song
      4.01 Fool in the Rain
      5.10 Nobody's Fault but Mine
      6.01 I Can't Quit You Baby
      7.10 Down by the Seaside
      8.01 Sick Again
      Great album by my taste! Fool in the Rain is in my top 10 or so Zep songs. Seaside, Ramble, Quarter, and Nobody's Fault are absolute monsters! Love the blues of I Can't Quit. Sick again is just sick! Rain Song has never been a huge favorite of mine. It's fantastic, but I just never could get into it as much as most Zep fans.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Had a blast doing this!!!! Thanks guys.

1.01 Stairway (IV)
        2.10 How Many More Times (I)
        3.01 Heartbreaker (II)
        4.10 The Rover (PG)
        5.01 In the Light (PG)
        6.10 Tea For One (Presence)
        7.01 Out on the Tiles (III)
        8.10 For Your Life (Presence)

Not surprisingly I have nothing from HoTH and ITTOD. Great albums, but others held them in higher esteem I guess.

Comment

• Final roster:

1.01 Whole Lotta Love
          2.07 What Is and What Should Never Be
          3.04 Communication Breakdown
          4.07 The Lemon Song
          5.04 Gallows Pole
          6.07 You Shook Me
          7.04 Celebration Day
          8.07 Hots On for Nowhere

Heavy toward early Zep, but that seemed to be how they fell.

Great fun, everybody did a great job. Maybe partial to DMT's list. Some others are excellent, too.

There's an argument to be made that Mith won the draft...with a little different Zep preferences, he was able to nab some of his faves later on than the rest of us, e.g., The Rover, Tea for One, Out on the Tiles.

Like johnny said, good to binge on LZ for a few days.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            Final roster:

1.01 Whole Lotta Love
            4.07 The Lemon Song
            5.04 Gallows Pole
            6.07 You Shook Me
            7.04 Celebration Day
            8.07 Hots On for Nowhere

Great fun, everybody did a great job. Maybe partial to DMT's list. Some others are excellent, too.

There's an argument to be made that Mith won the draft...with a little different Zep preferences, he was able to nab some of his faves later on than the rest of us, e.g., The Rover, Tea for One, Out on the Tiles.

Easily my favorite album out the bunch. Six of your picks were targets of mine and 3 of them are in my top 10 Zep songs (WLL, Lemon and Communication) The two not on my list, WIWSNB and You Shook Me are great songs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              As i always mention. I don't dislike ANY Zeppelin tune. Just degrees of like.

First 4 picks were superb. Last 4 are a bit of a let down for me . Two from CODA is one too many, even though I really enjoy those two you picked.
              No argument on CODA, though I detest ITTOD even more. There are acoustic tunes by Zeppelin that I don't like; hence That's The Way over Celebration Day. I wanted at least one acoustic tune, and that's by far my favorite of theirs.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                Final roster:

1.01 Whole Lotta Love
                4.07 The Lemon Song
                5.04 Gallows Pole
                6.07 You Shook Me
                7.04 Celebration Day
                8.07 Hots On for Nowhere

Great list, this is how my roster looked last time we did this, with focus on early stuff.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  My roster:

1.10 Ramble On
                  2.01 No Quarter
                  3.10 The Rain Song
                  4.01 Fool in the Rain
                  5.10 Nobody's Fault but Mine
                  6.01 I Can't Quit You Baby
                  7.10 Down by the Seaside
                  8.01 Sick Again
                  Also great list! As much as I love SIBLY, my biggest regret is not taking Fool in the Rain in the 3rd.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• If you are old enough to have experienced the very first Led Zeppelin album and all that went with it at the time you might have a different take on it. This was part of the soundtrack of our lives. It stood up against the competition of the greats of 1969.

We did not know there would be a second and then more. I did not care for Houses of the Holy when compared to previous works. It took awhile to warm up to it.

I am surprised that there was so much love for the early stuff. It made me smile. Seems like you made these the soundtracks of your lives as well. Just a bit later.

It is always great fun to read what this crew thinks and picks in our song drafts. I look forward to the next one.

I like playing with Sharks.

Comment

If you are old enough to have experienced the very first Led Zeppelin album and all that went with it at the time you might have a different take on it. This was part of the soundtrack of our lives. It stood up against the competition of the greats of 1969.

We did not know there would be a second and then more. I did not care for Houses of the Holy when compared to previous works. It took awhile to warm up to it.

I am surprised that there was so much love for the early stuff. It made me smile. Seems like you made these the soundtracks of your lives as well. Just a bit later.

It is always great fun to read what this crew thinks and picks in our song drafts. I look forward to the next one.

I like playing with Sharks.
                      First heard Zeppelin around 1976. Their music has indeed been a soundtrack of my life like no other band except Rush (shut up Chance!) I was devastated when Bonham died as that meant an abrupt end to the greatest band that I ever heard (and have heard). it meant that I would never get to see them in concert!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        First heard Zeppelin around 1976. Their music has indeed been a soundtrack of my life like no other band except Rush (shut up Chance!) I was devastated when Bonham died as that meant an abrupt end to the greatest band that I ever heard (and have heard). it meant that I would never get to see them in concert!
                        I didn't seem them either.

On Nov. 3 Mrs Gregg and I will be seeing

JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEPPELIN EVENING: MMXXI TOUR

At the beautiful Genesee Theater in Waukegan IL.

Comment

I didn't seem them either.

On Nov. 3 Mrs Gregg and I will be seeing

JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEPPELIN EVENING: MMXXI TOUR

At the beautiful Genesee Theater in Waukegan IL.
                          I have seen Bonham's Zeppelin Experience a few times. Very enjoyable.

I have also seen 2 cover bands. "Get the Led Out " 5 times and they are fantastic. They seek to recreate the Zep album sound.

The other cover band was "Zoso". They seek to create the concert experience of Zep. They are also fantastic.

Comment

• I was born in 1976 so unfortunately missed out on the greatest decade of music (66-75) in real time.

I might have to check out Jason Bonham, he's playing here soon. Only cover band of note I've seen is Zepparella and I thought they were decent.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              I was born in 1976 so unfortunately missed out on the greatest decade of music (66-75) in real time.

I might have to check out Jason Bonham, he's playing here soon. Only cover band of note I've seen is Zepparella and I thought they were decent.
                              If you get a chance to see Get the Led out, do it! I have tickets to see them in January.

Comment

• Not bad ... good times.

1.09 Immigrant Song
                                2.02 Good Times Bad Times
                                3.09 Over The Hills and Far Away
                                4.02 The Ocean
                                5.09 Tangerine
                                6.02 The Wanton Song
                                7.09 Sunshine Woman
                                8.02 Royal Orleans

Comment

Working...