Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Were you by chance travelling in a buggy?

It would have been faster than American Airlines, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT - Pick is in.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I'm the holdup in the draft, if that's the ask. Was traveling yesterday after noon. Am reviewing the picks and will have something up within the hour.
      And you grab my next pick.

Here I thought it might get back to me and it didn't get past the pick after mine.

Comment

• Heads up, I'm going out of town starting this afternoon and not back until Sunday. Golfing this afternoon and striper fishing tomorrow. In general I'm not a weekend RJ person. If we are in a hurry I can check in on Sunday.

Comment

• Shit I just broke the ice and picked the same song as someone else! Dammit lol.

There's only 1 song left on IV so I have to take it to avoid being shut out.

Still, here was my Battle of Evermore overview:
          The story behind this beautiful Tolkien-inspired track is pretty astounding. Page says he borrowed JPJ's mandolin and made the chords up with Plant at Headley Grange "in one sitting." While it sounds like Plant laid down multiple vocal tracks to harmonize with himself in the beginning of the song, this is the only Zeppelin song ever to feature a guest vocalist, Sandy Denny, who comes in during the second half.

Comment

• Was thinking the same on Four Sticks, though I have a cut from IV on my roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              5.07 Houses of the Holy - Physical Graffiti

I had to double check four or five times to see if this was picked, because getting this in the 5th round is a steal
              Yeah I agree, it has been on my short list for a couple rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Shit I just broke the ice and picked the same song as someone else! Dammit lol.

There's only 1 song left on IV so I have to take it to avoid being shut out.

Still, here was my Battle of Evermore overview:
                The story behind this beautiful Tolkien-inspired track is pretty astounding. Page says he borrowed JPJ's mandolin and made the chords up with Plant at Headley Grange "in one sitting." While it sounds like Plant laid down multiple vocal tracks to harmonize with himself in the beginning of the song, this is the only Zeppelin song ever to feature a guest vocalist, Sandy Denny, who comes in during the second half.
                Fairport Convention with Sandy singing is a fantastic group.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Yeah I agree, it has been on my short list for a couple rounds
                  Love this one!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Man, I wanted a slice of that Custard Pie.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      Man, I wanted a slice of that Custard Pie.
                      Yeah, definitely looking at that one. Such a great song.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Yeah, definitely looking at that one. Such a great song.
                        I look forward to you and Johnny tag-teaming me once more.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I look forward to you and Johnny tag-teaming me once more.
                          Better buy us dinner first, sexy.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Better buy us dinner first, sexy.
                            I'd not negotiate on a quality offer like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                              Man, I wanted a slice of that Custard Pie.
                              Well, you'd have really hated me if it came back.

Comment

• Pick up in a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X