Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    The Ocean was the other song I was considering. Houses of the Holy is one kickass album, eh?
    It is! But it's my 6th favorite from them.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      It is! But it's my 6th favorite from them.
      I thought PG was my favorite from them, but upon more reflection it could be HotH. After Pauly's post, I tried to think of what my personal ranking might be. I guess it'd be something like:

1. HotH
      2. PG
      3. Zep II
      4. Zep I
      5. Zep IV
      6. Zep III
      7. Presence
      8. IttOD
      9. Coda

Probably not a very popular take, particularly w/ regards to IV.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Like last time, I had three songs and expect the other two will get taken in the next four picks. Surprised 'Since I've Been Loving You' was still there tbh.
        And sure enough, you fuckers took them both... AGAIN!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• OK guys....wasting the whole day in the Beato rabbit hole...this is damn near the coolest thing Ive ever seen. So Beato and his team lay down the backing tracks for the Stairway solo and wonder what Eddie van Halen's take on the solo would have been. This is so kick ass I had to share it. The EVH take on the solo starts with an explanation at the 6:46 mark (and the actual solo at the 8:13 mark) but watch the whole thing it is tremendous.

Comment

I thought PG was my favorite from them, but upon more reflection it could be HotH. After Pauly's post, I tried to think of what my personal ranking might be. I guess it'd be something like:

1. HotH
            2. PG
            3. Zep II
            4. Zep I
            5. Zep IV
            6. Zep III
            7. Presence
            8. IttOD
            9. Coda

Probably not a very popular take, particularly w/ regards to IV.
            Mine is: Guess HoTH is number 7 even though it is a phenomenal album

1. PG - barely over IV
            2. IV
            3. II
            4. I -
            5. Presence i have always dug Candy Store Rock and Hots on for Nowhere.
            6. III - "Hats off" is the one song that is a bit meh
            7. HoTH - Every song is at least very good. Crunge is a bit odd, but ok.
            8. ITTOD - I love this album, but one album has to be at the bottom
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

And sure enough, you fuckers took them both... AGAIN!
              It amazes me how you guys like the same songs!! In seemingly all of the drafts!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                It amazes me how you guys like the same songs!! In seemingly all of the drafts!!
                It is, I know I've told Johnny he's my brother from another mother, but Bene is proving to be just as ruthless. I'm out, will pick in a couple hours.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• It was a toss-up but not wanting to get shut out of II tipped the balance.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

It was a toss-up but not wanting to get shut out of II tipped the balance.
                    No, Thank You!

Nice pick, man. It was on my list of three possibles for later this round, even though I already have two selections from II. It's just that good.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      OK guys....wasting the whole day in the Beato rabbit hole...this is damn near the coolest thing Ive ever seen. So Beato and his team lay down the backing tracks for the Stairway solo and wonder what Eddie van Halen's take on the solo would have been. This is so kick ass I had to share it. The EVH take on the solo starts with an explanation at the 6:46 mark (and the actual solo at the 8:13 mark) but watch the whole thing it is tremendous.

I'm stoked that you've gotten so much mileage out of the Beato videos. The dude is a national treasure.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I had a list of five and both All My Love and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You were on it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

In my mind, I'm trying to create an awesome Zeppelin album with a broad selection of Zep genres covering blues, hard rocking, ballads, psychadelic stuff, acoustic offerings, etc. Of course, now that I've come up with that I've identified a song that's a "must have" for my album. Hopefully it makes it all the way back!
                          I hope you weren't hoping to add funk.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            I hope you weren't hoping to add funk.
                            Well, I'll say this much --- nice pick.

Comment

I'm stoked that you've gotten so much mileage out of the Beato videos. The dude is a national treasure.
                              I will echo what others have said, Beato rocks, and thanks for introducing me to him.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Well, I'll say this much --- nice pick.
                                Thanks! Our strategies are pretty similar.

Note for all - I could be totally out of touch from about Noon Central until late tonight. I'm hoping to have a window around 3-4 this afternoon, but work and travel might get in the way.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X