Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Great great pick Chance!!!
    Thanks, Mith. It's a song that's really grown on me with time. Gospel, blues, incredible jamming...
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Picks by Album so far!

II and IV are neck and neck and I am reassessing my belief that Physical Graffiti is the one album I'd want to have if I was stranded on a desert island. II is damn good.
      • Zep I - IIII
      • Zep II - IIIIII
      • Zep III - I
      • Zep IV - IIIIII
      • Houses of the Holy - II
      • Physical Graffiti - IIII
      • Presence - I
      • In Through the Out Door -
      • Coda -
      • Previously Unreleased/singles - I
      Technically "Hey, Hey What Can I Do" was released on Coda. It was a b-side non-album single at the time of its release in 1970, and was a bonus track on Coda.

Comment

• Like last time, I had three songs and expect the other two will get taken in the next four picks. Surprised 'Since I've Been Loving You' was still there tbh.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Like last time, I had three songs and expect the other two will get taken in the next four picks. Surprised 'Since I've Been Loving You' was still there tbh.
          Unbelievably great song. Like some others, probably a rip off from blues standards in decades previous, but man that is one soulful tune.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Unbelievably great song. Like some others, probably a rip off from blues standards in decades previous, but man that is one soulful tune.
            A bit of a rip off from this song perhaps?

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I gotta get back into the habit of clicking RJ ... pick up in a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                A bit of a rip off from this song perhaps?

And yet somehow they never pursued it IIRC.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  I gotta get back into the habit of clicking RJ ... pick up in a bit
                  ........aaaaaaaaaaaaand you stole my pick for the second time in a row! Now I remember why the Irish are our mortal enemies.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• If you dabble in guitar like me...I LOVE playing The Rain Song. But tuning my guitar to it is a bitch! And there is literally no other song in history played at that tuning.

Comment

• "Fool in the Rain" is a great song! That "salsa" breakdown is so cool. Bonham just crushes it on this one.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Bloke 1: My wife's gone to the West Indies.
                        Bloke 2: Jamaica?
                        Bloke 1: No, she went of her own accord!

Comment

• In my mind, I'm trying to create an awesome Zeppelin album with a broad selection of Zep genres covering blues, hard rocking, ballads, psychadelic stuff, acoustic offerings, etc. Of course, now that I've come up with that I've identified a song that's a "must have" for my album. Hopefully it makes it all the way back!

Comment

........aaaaaaaaaaaaand you stole my pick for the second time in a row! Now I remember why the Irish are our mortal enemies.
                            Executed to perfection ... I didn't even want them.

Comment

The Ocean was the other song I was considering. Houses of the Holy is one kickass album, eh?

Comment

The Ocean was the other song I was considering. Houses of the Holy is one kickass album, eh?
                                I wanted a stomper ... it was The Ocean or one other. there's a good pick out there that's a little too like Over the Hills.

Also, Rain, more Rain, Oceans ... will DMT keep the nautical theme going?

Comment

Working...
                                X