Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Stone published a list of top-40 Zep songs and "Achilles Last Stand" wasn't on it lol.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My pick is likewise locked, loaded, and ready to be snaked by Chance.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Rolling Stone published a list of top-40 Zep songs and "Achilles Last Stand" wasn't on it lol.
        I just looked at that list...my next pick isnt on it either. That list is kinda trashy anyway.

Comment

Rolling Stone published a list of top-40 Zep songs and "Achilles Last Stand" wasn't on it lol.
          The latest RS issue has the top 100 songs of all time.

The greatest song of all time, Stairway to Heaven, did not make the list
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            The latest RS issue has the top 100 songs of all time.

The greatest song of all time, Stairway to Heaven, did not make the list
            So pathetic.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My pick is in. Chance is up.

Comment

Incredible, my 1st round (1.03) pick from last time is still out there. I'm curious just how far it will fall.
                There's one song that I am pretty shocked has fallen this far. However, it, like a few others that have already been picked, kind of got overplayed in my mind and wasn't a target of mine. Oddly, that never happened to me with Stairway, for whatever reason. I could listen to that song forever.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Such an unbelievable song stuck on such a mediocre album (for the mighty Zep, at least).
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• My son now refers to Led Zeppelin as "the mighty Zep", lol. What can I say? The kid loves to rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Such an unbelievable song stuck on such a mediocre album (for the mighty Zep, at least).
                      Ouch! I freaking LOVE Presence. From first note to last. Every song. It's a Page tour de force..
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

My son now refers to Led Zeppelin as "the mighty Zep", lol. What can I say? The kid loves to rock.
                        Cool kid!!

I have always referred to them as the "almighty" Zep.

Comment

• Great pick REVO! I love the riff in LLM and think it gets overlooked by too many people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Ouch! I freaking LOVE Presence. From first note to last. Every song. It's a Page tour de force..
                            It's like the Godfather III of the Zeppelin discography. I mean, it's very good in a vacuum but we've come to expect so much more.

Comment

Man I love Achilles. So many pieces to the song. It always kinda reminds me of 2112 (but reversed)

Comment

It's like the Godfather III of the Zeppelin discography. I mean, it's very good in a vacuum but we've come to expect so much more.
                                So a few of my picks will be safe?

Comment

Working...
                                X