Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a new Led Zeppelin song draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Imo, the transition to the "and as we wind on down the road" part of the song is the greatest in rock and roll history.
    Agreed!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Seems like this pick is going to take ten years.
      You ain't joking...
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Welp, it was fun. See you guys at the next draft. Gangsta rap draft, anyone?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I sent Pauly a PM earlier. Does anyone have his email?
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Sorry traveling all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Sorry traveling all day.
              Hey, Pauly!

Edit: I almost snaked that one, since I picked it as my favorite LZ tune back in the Best LZ Song thread.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Let's try to get in some quick picks so we can lure Bene back.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Hey, Pauly!

Edit: I almost snaked that one, since I picked it as my favorite LZ tune back in the Best LZ Song thread.
                  I was ready for that. Hope my pick makes it back to me. You want to talk about great transitions, the song im thinking of has maybe the best Zep transition ever

Comment

Damn Ten Years Gone was my comeback pick. Thought that was fairly safe for R2.

I could say great pick, great taste etc ... but instead I'll go with a F U Pauly ... to get back in the RJ spirit.

Comment

Really sad that Revo didn't pick first so he could have his Hey Bulldog moment
                      Last edited by DMT; 10-12-2021, 02:16 AM.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

When the Levee is my #3 Zep tune.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'll pick in a couple of hours when I get him. I'm currently playing Pauly's demise.

Comment

When I get home*

Comment

I have a texting group of 7 friends who all love Led Zeppelin. So last year around the middle of November I decided to do a daily countdown of my top 35 Zep tunes culminating in Number 1 on Christmas Day. I did not save the list, but after listening to Zep for 45 years, my list is pretty much set in stone!

Comment

I wait fifty seven hours only for Johnny to snake my song. I was sure he was going to pick a different song, too, as Immigrant Song has huevos far too large for ol' JA to handle.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X