• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early look at 2K22 Keepers

14 team 5x5 H2H Keep forever
    C 1B 2B 3B SS 3OF UT 2SP 2RP 3P 5B

Rounds 1-4
    I can keep 2-4 of the following: SPerez Mountcastle Merrifield JRamirez Riley JDM Darvish

Is Sal a keeper? Any concern about PEDs? I included Darvish as a previous keeper but I think he's on the outside looking in.

Round 10 (154th)
    Keep one: LThomas/Severino/Framber/Baz/LGarcia

This pick moves up each year, maxing out at round 5.
    I drafted Severino and Framber with next year in mind. Thomas has looked good since joining the Nats.
    In an earlier thread Severino was the favorite.

Rounds 20-22
    Keep any of: Strasburg Franco Tatis

These players are forever keepers backfilled from round 22.
    Tatis and Franco are no-brainers. Is Strasburg worth the gamble?

TIA!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Round 1-4: Much as I like Sal Perez, I'd keep Jose Ramirez and Merrifield. SBs are such a valuable commodity, and you get SBs with a decent BA and a little power out of Merrifield and everything out of JRamirez. Add in Tatis in your later rounds and you're a near mortal lock for near the top of SBs without sacrificing power and BA.

Round 10: Framber. And I really like Shane Baz. But I'd bet on the certainty instead of the upside there.

Round 20-22: I recommended keeping Stras; now I think it's time to cut him loose. That'll open a slot for you to find the next potential Tatis or Franco there.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Round 1-4: Much as I like Sal Perez, I'd keep Jose Ramirez and Merrifield. SBs are such a valuable commodity, and you get SBs with a decent BA and a little power out of Merrifield and everything out of JRamirez. Add in Tatis in your later rounds and you're a near mortal lock for near the top of SBs without sacrificing power and BA.

Round 10: Framber. And I really like Shane Baz. But I'd bet on the certainty instead of the upside there.

Round 20-22: I recommended keeping Stras; now I think it's time to cut him loose. That'll open a slot for you to find the next potential Tatis or Franco there.
      I think he can keep up to 4 players in that first group. My question is can he keep 3 and still have a top 14 pick (first round).

If the answer is yes I would want to know who is back in the draft and what position that actually is. I think I am adding Darvish or Perez to your suggestions.

Comment

I'd go with these guys from this group, no hesitation about Sal...

SPerez Merrifield JRamirez Riley

Baz without a doubt for me, the upside is crazy good.

If it doesn't cost you anything, why not keep Stras?

Strasburg Franco Tatis
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          14 team 5x5 H2H Keep forever
          C 1B 2B 3B SS 3OF UT 2SP 2RP 3P 5B

Rounds 1-4
          I can keep 2-4 of the following: SPerez Mountcastle Merrifield JRamirez Riley JDM Darvish

Is Sal a keeper? Any concern about PEDs? I included Darvish as a previous keeper but I think he's on the outside looking in.

Round 10 (154th)
          Keep one: LThomas/Severino/Framber/Baz/LGarcia

This pick moves up each year, maxing out at round 5.
          I drafted Severino and Framber with next year in mind. Thomas has looked good since joining the Nats.
          In an earlier thread Severino was the favorite.

Rounds 20-22
          Keep any of: Strasburg Franco Tatis

These players are forever keepers backfilled from round 22.
          Tatis and Franco are no-brainers. Is Strasburg worth the gamble?

TIA!
          1-4: I'd just keep J Ram and Merrifield.

10: Framber

20-22: All three - Stras probably doesn't pay off here but seems like a good gamble at a very low cost
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The first 4 picks are filled from #1. Every team must keep at least 2 with a max of 4. I'd have picks 42-43 from the guys who got tossed back. The players drafted last year in rounds 3-4 were: EDiaz, Ozuna, Realmuto, Kershaw, Chapman, Lynn
            I could project who would be back in the draft but I figure I will like my guys better, and have the certainty of having C/2B/3B/SS/OF locked up.

I will offer the guys I don't plan on keeping for trade.

Depending on the ST reports, it may be time to throw Stras back and see if I can get someone with more upside, or draft him if he's available. I have the 14th pick in the 19th round but I did draft Bellinger and Rutschman in recent years so a top 10 prospect will probably fall to me.
            Last edited by virgonomic; 09-28-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I think he can keep up to 4 players in that first group. My question is can he keep 3 and still have a top 14 pick (first round).
              Oops. Failed basic reading again. Darn it, then I have to agree with Hornsby on the top four.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Circling back as keepers are due in a month.

1-4 JRam Merrifield Perez Riley (eligible as top 4 keepers going forward)

10 Baz/Severino/Framber (this keeper moves up a round each year until round 5 then can be kept in top 4 or cut)

20-22: X Strasburg Franco Tatis (forever keepers backfilled from round 22)

I won the league and am poised to contend in 2022. Will Baz contribute this year? Is he worth keeping long term over Severino and Framber?

Comment

Personally, I'd do whatever it takes to hold on to a 10th round Baz. I know I said Framber earlier, and there's a good argument to be made for him imo, but man tough to let go of Baz. Not like Framber is some workhorse anyway.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Personally, I'd do whatever it takes to hold on to a 10th round Baz. I know I said Framber earlier, and there's a good argument to be made for him imo, but man tough to let go of Baz. Not like Framber is some workhorse anyway.
                    Makes sense. I stashed Framber and Severino post-auction for in-season help and as possible 10th round keepers. Framber ate innings and Severino has 2 huge wins during my league playoffs. They'd be worth keeping if I didn't have other options. However, I also added Baz late in the season because he had arrived and had youth on his side.

Comment

Another Q: would you bump Merrifield/Perez/Riley for Urias?

Comment

Another Q: would you bump Merrifield/Perez/Riley for Urias?
                        Further to this, what are your thoughts on

Urias (top 4) / Springer (late rounder) for Riley (top 4) + swap of picks?

Comment

I'd love some thoughts on this deal.

Get: Urias (top 4), Springer (late rounder), pick 124
                          Give: Riley (top 4), pick 71

I'm inclined to counter with: 71 for 101 or 98 for 124.

He could keep Urias and Springer and is moving on. Is that a reg flag?

Comment

I'd love some thoughts on this deal.

Get: Urias (top 4), Springer (late rounder), pick 124
                            Give: Riley (top 4), pick 71

I'm inclined to counter with: 71 for 101 or 98 for 124.

He could keep Urias and Springer and is moving on. Is that a reg flag?
                            Probably prefer Riley to Urias in top 4. Springer might make up for that. He will be 33 this year so not sure how long he will be productive. Without knowing your league it seems pretty fair. Not sure if you can do better or if you think Springer will give you a big boost for the next couple years.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Probably prefer Riley to Urias in top 4. Springer might make up for that. He will be 33 this year so not sure how long he will be productive. Without knowing your league it seems pretty fair. Not sure if you can do better or if you think Springer will give you a big boost for the next couple years.
                              Agreed. This is very close, imo. It's hard for me to know what value pick 124 is, but in a vacuum I'd imagine that I'd want Urias and Springer more than Riley and pick 71, especially when Springer doesn't cost much at all (I think).

Comment

Working...
                              X