2021 Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Ryder Cup

If you haven't seen it already, Jordan Speith hit about the most ridiculously great shot I've ever seen in the morning session.

US up 3-1 after the morning session. I can't remember the last time that happened.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

The United States clinched the 2021 Ryder Cup on Sunday after rookie Collin Morikawa secured the final half point to get to a 19-9 victory, which is the largest margin of victory in Ryder Cup history since the 28-point format came about.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      If you haven't seen it already, Jordan Speith hit about the most ridiculously great shot I've ever seen in the morning session.

US up 3-1 after the morning session. I can't remember the last time that happened.
      That shot was unbelievable!!!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Captain Ben Hogan's famous 1967 Speech:

Boys, there’s nothing to being the captain of the Ryder Cup,” Hogan famously told his players.

“You guys are all great players. Pairing is really easy.”

“I’m going to pair together you boys who drive crooked and I’m going to pair together you boys who drive straight.”

“And the first ball’s going to be hit by Julius Boris ‘cause he don’t give a s… about anything.”

“So y’all just go play your game.”

Hogan even managed to add some choice words about the Ryder Cup outfits that had been chosen for them:

“You got these uniforms here,” he said.

“If you don’t like the way they fit or whatnot, don’t wear them. I never could play in somebody else’s clothes.”

“Doug Sanders, if you want to come out here and dress like a peacock, that’s fine. Whatever you want.”

“But let me tell you boys one thing – I don’t want my name on that trophy as a losing captain.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          That shot was unbelievable!!!!
          And there were so many more.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X