White Sox starting rotation 2022 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox starting rotation 2022 and beyond

I currently have both Kopech ($2) and Crochet ($4) in their first contact year. From what I can tell, both Rodon and Lynn will be FA at the end of this year.

Does anyone think that either/both Kopech or Crochet will be in the rotation next year? Has there been any talk about the WS resigning either Rodon or Lynn?

The WS are the only MLB team with 5 SP with at least 125 IP this season, so there hasn't been much of a chance for anyone outside the core 5 SP to crack the rotation this year.

Thanks for any info.

Lynn signed a 2 year extension this summer.

I expect they will make a serious run at signing Rodon. This is a team that expects to be top tier for the next several years and won't be wanting any question marks in the starting rotation entering 2022. If they don't sign Rodon there's probably a pretty good chance they sign another stud.

Kopech might be stretched out in the spring as a long reliever/spot starter and be available to start if injuries occur early in the season. My guess is that Crochet is a setup guy in 2022. Kopech is nice value at $2 and Crochet at $4 is a wait and see what is happening by late spring training.

Comment

The plan was for Kopech to start sometime mid year and be in the rotation full time next year. Plans change.

As a $8 and done next year Kopech owner I hope he starts, but I am not to confident of that.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Lynn signed a 2 year extension this summer.

I expect they will make a serious run at signing Rodon. This is a team that expects to be top tier for the next several years and won't be wanting any question marks in the starting rotation entering 2022. If they don't sign Rodon there's probably a pretty good chance they sign another stud.

Kopech might be stretched out in the spring as a long reliever/spot starter and be available to start if injuries occur early in the season. My guess is that Crochet is a setup guy in 2022. Kopech is nice value at $2 and Crochet at $4 is a wait and see what is happening by late spring training.
        I have read that they plan to let Rodon walk, but it would be smart to try to resign him. He must feel some desire to stick around after he finally, finally blossomed for this team. I bet if they make a serious offer, he will happily resign.

Comment

I'd say better than average on Kopech, and just about zero on Crochet. Giolito, Lynn, and Cease are locks, barring a major arm injury in the next few weeks. Keuchel, I'm not so sure about. I'm not sure if he has a no or limited trade clause. He does have a 2024 vesting option if he pitches more than 160 IP in 2022. If he goes and/or Rodon goes, I think Kopech will be given the first shot at an open SP position, especially with Lopez turning back into a pumpkin this month. There's no one at AAA ball, IMO, who will push Kopech at all.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X