Societal Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I understand that everyone laughed at Trump's legal team...but that is somewhat beside the point.
    No, that's a key point. Trump sent a bunch of lawyers to a bunch of places to overturn election results. Those are the facts. Your other questions are mere speculation. It's also factual to note his legal team was an absolute joke; a collection of incompetents. And factually, they got their butts kicked everywhere they went. Then they tried to go after the vote counts with their FORENSIC analyses, and got their butts kicked there, too.

Point being, should Trump run in 2024 and make it past the primary, and lose, it's reasonable to expect he'll make the same legal and FORENSIC challenges. It's certain he'll fail again. All the bloviating and speculation about what "could" happen is fruitless. If I were a Democrat, I'd be far more worried that Biden will continue to screw up so badly (ahem, remember former President Obama's warning about Biden, LOL) that Trump, should he run and get past the GOP primary, would beat Biden fair and square, and be handed a GOP House and Senate.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Uh, no. Who's the only individual to actually shoot Congresspeople and their staff in the last four years? Ah, yes, that would be James T. Hodgkinson, who went after a collection of GOP Congresspeople, their staff, and some of their kids on a baseball field in 2017, emptying 62 7.62 mm rounds at a variety of potential victims, grievously wounding one staff member and Congressman Steve Scalise, both of whom were fortunate to survive. The Alexandria, VA DA's legal findings - who is a Democrat - are, and I quote: "The evidence in this case establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect, fueled by rage against Republican legislators, decided to commit an act of terrorism as that term is defined by the Code of Virginia." A 2021 FBI report classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, as well. That same report noted Hodgkinson had additional names targeted, all GOP members.

And who was James T. Hodgkinson? Yeah, a Bernie Bro. A rabid anti-Trump guy.
      Hahahaha. 1 example?!!! Hahaha. Wow.

Kyle Rittenhouse is a right wing hero! Trump repeatedly threatened violence, implying that people should shoot Hillary Clinton.

Right wingers are openly asking their leaders "when do we get to bring the guns?"

Not a single Democrat supports your example. Millions of Republicans support countless domestic terrorists like Rittenhouse. End of story.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

No, that's a key point. Trump sent a bunch of lawyers to a bunch of places to overturn election results. Those are the facts. Your other questions are mere speculation. It's also factual to note his legal team was an absolute joke; a collection of incompetents. And factually, they got their butts kicked everywhere they went. Then they tried to go after the vote counts with their FORENSIC analyses, and got their butts kicked there, too.

Point being, should Trump run in 2024 and make it past the primary, and lose, it's reasonable to expect he'll make the same legal and FORENSIC challenges. It's certain he'll fail again. All the bloviating and speculation about what "could" happen is fruitless. If I were a Democrat, I'd be far more worried that Biden will continue to screw up so badly (ahem, remember former President Obama's warning about Biden, LOL) that Trump, should he run and get past the GOP primary, would beat Biden fair and square, and be handed a GOP House and Senate.
        To be fair, I agree with this part. Dems are fucked. It's 100% their own fault.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Hahahaha. 1 example?!!! Hahaha. Wow.
          That's one example more than you can provide. See, you can talk about feelz and words and stuff, but only one individual has gone armed with a submachine gun and intentionally targeted, shot, and nearly killed sitting members of the House and Senate. Only one individual was found to have committed an act of domestic terrorism against sitting members of the House and Senate. And that was a Trump-hating Bernie Bro.

Rittenhouse? Not even close. Wasn't even charged with anything resembling domestic terrorism. I mean, if you want to go there, let's talk Seattle's CHOP and the two kids killed there. And all the left-wingers walking around with long rifles. Or why Rittenhouse was even in Kenosha at all.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Claiming Rittenhouse isn't a domestic terrorist shows exactly why you're unfit to have the conversation.

Countless Trump supporters shot and killed people for political reasons over the past several years. But I see only attacks directly against politicians count in your tally... but also only AFTER Gabby Giffords. Or I guess hers doesn't count because she survived being shot in the head? As if that isn't an execution.

Ridiculous.

Comment

Wait, we’re skipping the hundreds of domestic terrorists who raided the capital… why?

Comment

Regardless of the merits of either side of this discussion, it warms my heart to see FORENSIC capitalized all the time.

Comment

I agree with you on a lot. Not sure why you are afraid to answer the simple questions I asked. To be fair, I guess you sort of answered one of them.

EDIT: 1) do you think Trump made an effort to subvert legitimate elections in the last election? 2) Do you think it is a legitimate concern that he/Republicans will try to subvert/steal future elections ?

Did he knowingly try to overturn an election ? Were his actions anti-Democratic or illegal ?
                  Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 01-10-2022, 10:12 PM.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    I agree with you on a lot. Not sure why you are afraid to answer the simple questions I asked. To be fair, I guess you sort of answered one of them.

EDIT: 1) do you think Trump made an effort to subvert legitimate elections in the last election? 2) Do you think it is a legitimate concern that he/Republicans will try to subvert/steal future elections ?

Did he knowingly try to overturn an election ? Were his actions anti-Democratic or illegal ?
                    I suppose the easy answer is he didn't do anything wrong, since he hasn't been charged with anything and he will do it all again as you noted. Sigh...
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wait, we’re skipping the hundreds of domestic terrorists who raided the capital… why?
                      Antifa is left-wing though!

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Antifa is left-wing though!

Watch out, Gregg will get you for a zinger like that

Comment

Far-fetched? It's madness. There's 14-15 states that are mortal locks to elect every Senator as Democrat, and and equal amount for the GOP. Both parties have easily 10 others who are unstoppable as long as they're alive, and even if they'd die, their respective states are trending more and more the party they already are. Maybe - and I might be high on my count - there's ten Senators that could have their party affiliation swing when they either die or retire. For example, when Collins goes in Maine, it'll almost certainly turn blue. When Tester goes in Montana, it's most likely it'll turn red. But there's very few seats like that available.

As for the fools attempting to "undermine confidence in our whole system of government", I'll refer to an earlier post and many of Bene's accurate assessments of the legal capabilities of the Trump team. As I noted, almost all (maybe even ALL and not almost all) of Bene's references to Trump's legal representation was correct in noting they were ignorant fools with less legal skills than a first year law student. To do what you've stated would require them, in Star Wars lingo, to morph from Jawas to Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. Keep in mind Trump's legal team brought numerous lawsuits, most of which were dismissed out of hand, and the few Trump lawyers that made it to a serious legal proceeding got their heads handed to them virtually every time. And how about the success of all those FORENSIC analyses, no?

It ain't happening, people. Unless you actually believe umjewman's sarcastic description of Trump playing 5D chess while all those other fools play checkers.
                          All it would have taken was Pence to NOT certify the results

Not far-fetched at all.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Uh, no. Who's the only individual to actually shoot Congresspeople and their staff in the last four years? Ah, yes, that would be James T. Hodgkinson, who went after a collection of GOP Congresspeople, their staff, and some of their kids on a baseball field in 2017, emptying 62 7.62 mm rounds at a variety of potential victims, grievously wounding one staff member and Congressman Steve Scalise, both of whom were fortunate to survive. The Alexandria, VA DA's legal findings - who is a Democrat - are, and I quote: "The evidence in this case establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect, fueled by rage against Republican legislators, decided to commit an act of terrorism as that term is defined by the Code of Virginia." A 2021 FBI report classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, as well. That same report noted Hodgkinson had additional names targeted, all GOP members.

And who was James T. Hodgkinson? Yeah, a Bernie Bro. A rabid anti-Trump guy.
                            Gabby Gifford says FU
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

why Rittenhouse was even in Kenosha at all.
                              That IS the question, isn't it?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Deny, Deflect, Disseminate.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X