No announcement yet.

Societal Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure that this thread about societal collapse getting bumped and Gregg posting about eating kale are related.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• one of the logical fallacies of the depopulation postulate or conspiracy, is that capitalism depends on perpetual growth.

what alarms me is fertility is correlated with economic opportunity. if all the gains goto the top and we automate or outsource essential jobs and materials and our prospects go south, ppl won't procreate. a child care credit is great, but it's a temporary fix. the earth will always seek equilibrium. maybe we should say there are 4 constants, death, taxes, vaccination and entropy.

Comment

• i read a great theory the other day. i didn't want to read it, but i was like, well shit, i have to read these things.

https://www.livescience.com/mirror-u...ns-dark-matter Our universe may have a twin that runs backward in time
        Preserving symmetry
        Physicists have identified a set of fundamental symmetries in nature. The three most important symmetries are: charge (if you flip the charges of all the particles involved in an interaction to their opposite charge, you'll get the same interaction); parity (if you look at the mirror image of an interaction, you get the same result); and time (if you run an interaction backward in time, it looks the same).

Physical interactions obey most of these symmetries most of the time, which means that there are sometimes violations. But physicists have never observed a violation of a combination of all three symmetries at the same time. If you take every single interaction observed in nature and flip the charges, take the mirror image, and run it backward in time, those interactions behave exactly the same.

This fundamental symmetry is given a name: CPT symmetry, for charge (C), parity (P) and time (T).
        I've always been interested why Time can look the same when it's in reverse. it's not an answer. but the theory is noteworthy.

Comment

Working...
        X