Week 1 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 thread

The Packers forgot to.....*takes sunglasses off*.....pack for their first game. Just an absolute abomination, particularly for those poor chumps rostering Aaron Rodgers and Jones like myself.
    The Titans got their asses handed to them, too. Derrick Henry was at something like 9 rushes for 8 yards well into the game. They looked lost in all aspects of the game.
    Tyrod Taylor did a fantastic job as HOU QB, even without much running. I know it was only JAX, but still a mighty fine performance.
    The Lions looked absolutely dead in the water but came back with a chance to tie it late, only to get Goffed in the end. Swift looks like a beast catching short passes out of the backfield. Elite talent, to my untrained eye.
    TB-DAL game was one of the most exciting I've ever watched, honestly. It was hard to root equally hard against evil Tom Brady and the evil Cowboys but damnit I sure tried.
    For those of you, like me, who were hoping Wentz's problems were left behind in Philly, I have bad news for you (myself).
    Andy Dalton sucks. Free Justin Fields!
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

If getting smoked by the Saints 38-3 is any indicator, the Packers are now favorites to win the Super B this year.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      The Packers forgot to.....*takes sunglasses off*.....pack for their first game. Just an absolute abomination, particularly for those poor chumps rostering Aaron Rodgers and Jones like myself.
      To paraphrase one of my favorite Bloom County comic strips: "Bad tackling. Bad quarterbacking. Bad everything. This game just oozed rottenness from every bad moment... simply bad beyond all infinite dimensions of possible badness."

More thoughts:

- I'd be streaming every fantasy defense I can against JAX. I knew it was going to be bad...but wow.
      - Agree with Bene on how great of a game TB-DAL was, though I had no doubt a Mike McCarthy coached team would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Dak really looked good. Zeke...not so much. Though McCarthy didn't commit to the run at all, an issue he had back in his GB days, too.
      - How much difference does a QB make in the NFL? Look no farther than the Bengals-Vikings game. The Vikings have superior skill position players at RB and WR (WR by a wide margin), and a better defense. Both teams have below average offensive lines. The difference in the win? How much better Burrow was than Cousins. Anti-vaxxers suck.
      - Gonna be interesting to see if WFT goes for Newton or not.
      - No more QB controversy in Philly. At least for another week.
      - I would expect Damien Harris has found a deep, dark spot wayyyyyyyyyyy back in Bill B's doghouse. Took about a quarter for Mac Jones to get untracked, and then I thought he was very impressive.
      - Matthew Stafford took all his toys out to play and just ripped up a pretty good Bears defense. Robert Woods dropped one and you could almost see the thought bubble, and it said "Holy &^%!, Goff doesn't make that throw in his dreams!!"
      - The Steelers D? Very impressive.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Holy crap, what an insane MNF game!

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Holy crap, what an insane MNF game!
          Total madness. Carr looked awful early, but man, he made some great throws after halftime.

Comment

And Raheem Mostert chooses season-ending surgery on his knee.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              And Raheem Mostert chooses season-ending surgery on his knee.
              Dude is glass.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
              X