Finals Decisions Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finals Decisions Help

I'm heading into the finals, where I have an uphill battle, because my opponent happens to have all of his pitchers lined up for two starts either next week or the final week. I only have one--Zac Gallen. I normally start two start guys if I can help it, especially as I am going to be down a ton of starts in this series, but it is hard for me to start Gallen over any of my one start arms when his two starts are at the Dodgers and Astros. My pitching is great, so the only guys I could see maybe benching are Gausman, Lynn, or Morton, and they all seem like no brainers. Do I need to gamble on Gallen given the disadvantage, or should I stick with the better/safer arms?

On the hitter side, I have three Brewer options and Max Kepler for an OF and utility spot. The Brewers only start 5 this week, which is why I am leaning Kepler and one of them. Kepler has 7 starts, but won't start them all, I am sure. Which two would you start--Yelich, Escobar, Wong, Kepler. Two other options are Swanson and Zunino, but I'm thinking the Brewers are better bets, even playing a league low 5 games.

Keep in mind your opponent has PROJECTED 2-start pitchers. A rainout or injury can change that. So, Don't start Gallen out of desperation. Those are terrible matchups.

As for your bats, Escobar is the clear #1. Zunino plays in Toronto and at home at DET. I can see him popping a few, so if you need a HR source, I might start him. Otherwise, go with quantity and Kepler.

Any of those players could make make you look bad by benching them, so play the percentages and don't look back.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Thanks....Kepler and Escobar is who I was leaning toward. It is gonna be an uphill battle with all his starters, and they all have good match ups, but to me, many of them have been playing over their heads, so maybe a couple will realize that and throw a clunker . Manaea, Montas, Musgrove, Eovaldi, Wainwright...his road to the finals is paved by stars and scrubs hitters (led by Vlad) and crazy good luck with pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Thanks....Kepler and Escobar is who I was leaning toward. It is gonna be an uphill battle with all his starters, and they all have good match ups, but to me, many of them have been playing over their heads, so maybe a couple will realize that and throw a clunker . Manaea, Montas, Musgrove, Eovaldi, Wainwright...his road to the finals is paved by stars and scrubs hitters (led by Vlad) and crazy good luck with pitchers.
        Those guys are capable of putting up a pretty crooked line. I have no shares so I hope they get wrecked. Good luck!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
        X