No Shhhs Burnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Shhhs Burnes

I had a comfortable lead coming into today, and Burnes is doing his best to make it go away with his perfecto thru 6 and 11ks so far. He was a sleeper for me two years ago, but I stopped bidding and severely regret it. Night and day turn around in terms of confidence and approach, but rooting against him tonight!

Up to 14 ks now, still has the no hitter through 8.

Comment

Through 8.

Comment

Houser, Mahle and Megill last night. Burnes right now and I got Buehler finishing it up.

Comment

They didn't let him get it. This guy has Buehler going tonight too, so forgive me for rooting against him .

Comment

Hader comes in for Burnes. 115 pitches tonight.

Comment

No-hitter complete! Combined between Burnes and Hader.

Comment

This was the 9th no-hitter this year, breaking the modern MLB record

Comment

This was the 3rd time that Cleveland has been no-hit this year, which my brief research indicates is the 1st time that has happened in MLB history. Amazingly, Zach Plesac was the Cleveland starter for all 3 no-hitters.
                  Last edited by rhd; 09-11-2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

This was the first Brewers no hitter since Juan Nieves in April 1987.

Comment

I have Hader, so I'm pretty happy they took Burnes out for Hader. I'm in good shape to head to the finals. It was the smart move with Burnes, but still a little surprising. It ain't like the old days when Nolan Ryan was run out there for 235 pitches over 13 innings.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        No-hitter complete! Combined between Burnes and Hader.
                        And then Lauer had a no-hitter for the first 5.1 innings today. Started to get knocked around in the 6th though and got the quick hook.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X