H2H playoff strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2H playoff strategy

I'm in a 14-team H2H league. I ran the table, finishing first, getting a bye to the semis, and I hold the tiebreaker with every other playoff team (H2H record).

A couple teams are RP-heavy. There is a min 7 IP per week. My likely opponent in the semis is rolling 7 RP and benching his 3 SP, which pretty much guarantees him the point in S+H, ERA, WHIP.

We met a couple weeks ago and I came back to win SV+HD 6-5 and the week 8-2. As long as my offense dominates, I will beat him.

Him: Fulmer Sims Steckenreider Romano McGee DCastillo Bednar Givens (bench)
    Me: Soto Floro Estevez Colome Melancon Matzek Barnes (IL)

Taillon just hit the IL so I have a free spot until Barnes comes back. I could add Wick but I'd have to bench one RP every night, 2 when Barnes returns and more if 2+ SP are going.

Should I stick with what worked: start all my SP to win W and K and add a bat to boost my offense to avoid dead spots?

The top FA (last 14d) are: Happ, Pillar, Villar, Conforto, Thomas, Hays, Grossman, Bell, Dalbec, Kirk

TIA!
    Last edited by virgonomic; 09-10-2021, 06:07 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I am in the same spot, same size league and first etc....it is nice having someone else here that knows the agony of h2h playoffs. The stakes are so high that whatever decision you make, it is ends up sinking you, it will haunt you, especially since you are the favorite. I have been there, and based on my own feelings about how I have lost while in first and the favorite, I would stick with what worked before. It is when you overthink it and get fancy and it works out for the worse that you feel the worst after.

As far as who to pick up, I'd go Conforto. He has heated up, as I feared he would when I dropped him at the start of my playoffs. Happ has heated up as well, so he is tempting too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I am in the same spot, same size league and first etc....it is nice having someone else here that knows the agony of h2h playoffs. The stakes are so high that whatever decision you make, it is ends up sinking you, it will haunt you, especially since you are the favorite. I have been there, and based on my own feelings about how I have lost while in first and the favorite, I would stick with what worked before. It is when you overthink it and get fancy and it works out for the worse that you feel the worst after.

As far as who to pick up, I'd go Conforto. He has heated up, as I feared he would when I dropped him at the start of my playoffs. Happ has heated up as well, so he is tempting too.
      Thanks for chiming in. I have 7 adds left, so I can try to catch lightning in a bottle if my offense sputters. Conforto plays Monday with 3 vs StL and 3 vs Phi. He's 1/12 against StL.

Happ has 3 @ Phi and 3 @ Mil.

Neither have good matchups so I may look elsewhere.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
      X