No announcement yet.

How are you doing in your leagues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm winning my at this point, but the injuries are piling up, and it is getting tough. I've lost Giolito, Lynn, Pollack, maybe Springer again....speaking of, that guy is made of glass. I hope they just DH him if he comes back.

Comment

well RJEL (18 team mixed) is interesting if you don't look too high up ... Sean has had first place wrapped up since May it seems, but the battle for second is tight & changing pitch by pitch - 141.5, 141, 140 ... right now I'm in second but the three of us are trading places several times per evening ... (that's with SeaDogStat & Doig) ... I'm really enjoying boxscore-watching this Sept ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        well RJEL (18 team mixed) is interesting if you don't look too high up ... Sean has had first place wrapped up since May it seems, but the battle for second is tight & changing pitch by pitch - 141.5, 141, 140 ... right now I'm in second but the three of us are trading places several times per evening ... (that's with SeaDogStat & Doig) ... I'm really enjoying boxscore-watching this Sept ...
        Lovin it, never thought I'd even be in it........
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

AL Only home league: 2nd, no chance of movement
          NL Only home league: 2nd, slim shot at 1st
          NL Only home league: 2nd, 50/50
          AL LABR: 4th - can't go any higher, could also finish 5th
          AL Tout: tied for 4th - could finish as high as 3rd or as low as 7th
          15 tm NFBC: 3rd - could slide to 4th
          12 tm NFBC: 3rd - recent fall from 2nd due to rash of injuries. 2nd pays $700; 3rd pays nothing so that SUCKS
          15 tm mixed daily home league: 7th

all in all, best year I've had in awhile

Comment

NL Only 12 team: 2nd place with 97 points. First place has 100 at the moment. 1st place seems to have more paths to victory, but I still could win if things break right if the mail-in scoring and Dominion control of CBS gives me back my lead. Also third place has 94, so I could easily fall to third too. I think I should be at least top 3 unless Thatrogue makes a big run up from 4th place at 84 points.

NL Only 10 team: 2nd place with 76.5. First place has 81. 5 OBP points are legitimately in play for me down the stretch and I should take a saves point off of first place so it's still a dogfight. 3rd place is at 72.5 so I could easily fall as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              AL Only home league: 2nd, no chance of movement
              NL Only home league: 2nd, slim shot at 1st
              NL Only home league: 2nd, 50/50
              AL LABR: 4th - can't go any higher, could also finish 5th
              AL Tout: tied for 4th - could finish as high as 3rd or as low as 7th
              15 tm NFBC: 3rd - could slide to 4th
              12 tm NFBC: 3rd - recent fall from 2nd due to rash of injuries. 2nd pays $700; 3rd pays nothing so that SUCKS
              15 tm mixed daily home league: 7th

all in all, best year I've had in awhile
              8 teams! Do you neglect them, or life? It has to be one.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                8 teams! Do you neglect them, or life? It has to be one.
                Having the same format for nearly all of them makes it rather easy. That, plus the league tools Rotowire site has for subscribers makes it easy to juggle multiple teams from a singular spot. I went into the year planning on 7, but added an 8th when someone had to drop out and our live auction went virtual allowing me to forego my auctioneer role and play in the league for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Having the same format for nearly all of them makes it rather easy. That, plus the league tools Rotowire site has for subscribers makes it easy to juggle multiple teams from a singular spot. I went into the year planning on 7, but added an 8th when someone had to drop out and our live auction went virtual allowing me to forego my auctioneer role and play in the league for a year.
                  Ah, well executed!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

My teams have quit except for those I dumped in, because of course..........
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      I'm in 4 leagues and winning them all cuz I am the luckiest!!!!!
                      I thought you were put in fantasy baseball time-out.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In my H2H league I finished 20 games up in 1st, hold the 1st seed and am currently in the beginning of the 2nd round of playoffs. In The Money.

Baseball can be cruel. I had everything set to win by a point or two, Sale gets covid costing me in Ip and K, then Snell exits in the 1st not only hurting my IP and Ks, but allows the shit RPs on the Padres to give up a HR to BOTH Turner and Betts, whom my opposition has rostered. He passes me in Slugging by 0.07%--I'm knocked out of the champ bracket by 1/2 a point again, just like last season....

RJEL 18 team, Currently 3rd after sitting 2nd most of the season, I could potentially finish 2nd through 5th. Hopefully In The Money.

Ryu and Darvish have tanked my pitching so now I'm 5th-OOM, BUT can move back into 4th, possibly 2nd with an epic last 2 weeks.

15 team Keeper Battling it out with Revo for 1st. In The Money.

Looks like 2nd is gonna be it, Revo's team is just too strong.

Lockdown 20 team Dynasty--rebuilding hovering in the bottom third. No Yoo Hoo Shower for Me.

Play 2 18 team Dynasty. Solidly in 3rd, very slim chance at 2nd. In The Money.

3rd looks like a lock barring an epic collapse.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I backed into a playoff bye in one league. In ROTO I have one just off the podium and closing. The others are middle and back.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                          X