Most important category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    My draft strategy is to get a cheap closer and try to figure it out during the season through FAAB and/or trade.
    I did that this year and got absolutely clobbered. My cheap closers either got injured or imploded, and I probably spent more than half my FAAB chasing saves. Just miserable.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I have had ridiculous success/luck over the years in finding closers-in-waiting (a league-record 99 SV for 8 auction units 4 years ago and did not trade for a closer all year), but this year feels as if it has been rough.

placed the glass slipper on, in rough order, Soria Graterol Knebel Givens Estevez Doolittle Hembree Bednar Bender Floro Tepera MRodriguez and Stratton (in a no-bench, 6 waiver-move league!).

with the dust having settled, I am left with possible PIT closer Bender 10, maybe flier on young LAD flamethrower Graterol 2, and a 2022 spring training lottery ticket in MIA Bender 10.

I guess that's respectable, realistically - ignoring the fact that I have obliterated the all-time in-season spending record of about 150 bucks and a lot of that was on RP churn to be honest....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I did that this year and got absolutely clobbered. My cheap closers either got injured or imploded, and I probably spent more than half my FAAB chasing saves. Just miserable.
        I think it was a result of covid. There was a ton of injuries and pretty sure confusion on many fantasy owners trying to select starters and relievers. There is probably around 20 teams or so that changed closers.

Comment

Working...
        X