Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of the FAAB Players How Many Have Worked Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of the FAAB Players How Many Have Worked Out?

I spent for my NL league $94. My best picks have been Mergill $5, Toussaint $3, Houser $1, Ortega $12, and De La Cruz $9 are all helping now. I just picked up Weaver $4. Still Have Taylor $3, Stevenson $3, Alford $2, Park $4 on the bench. We have a 17 reserves we can have on our roster. I'm in 1st place so picking up Mergill Toussaint and Houser before he went down has made a big difference. Ortega and De La Cruz have helped to plug up holes. Taylor did for a few weeks. Hopefully Park will with E Escobar hamstring. Weaver is for depth although we have a rule that the 1st week we have to start him and then can place him on the bench.

In the AL league I have spent $74. Pozzo $3, Torrens $1, Yonny Hernandez $2, Ibanez $3, Fraley $8, Cortes $5, Jax $3. I have on the bench Savala $1, Nunez $3, Dunn $1 and Suarez $9. Same as the NL league 17 reserves. Spent $20 total trying to fix my catchers. Torren has heled on power not much else. Hernandez hopefully helps on SB. Fraley was a spark before he got injured. Dunn was pitching well before he got injured. Cortes has been nice.

In my 16-teamer w/daily lineup moves, my FAAB bids have done very well this season (I'm in 4th place):

4/9: Chris Flexen $4 - unfortunately dropped him 2 weeks later
    4/16: Adolis Garcia $9 - unfortunately traded him straight up for Yadier Molina
    4/21: Tarik Skubal $2 - unfortunately traded him straight up for Greg Holland
    5/10: Trevor Larnach $0 - was solid for a good month
    6/7: LaMonte Wade $0 - been a starter at CI for me ever since
    6/14: Joakim Soria $1 - got a few saves
    7/9: Triston McKenzie $6 - stud
    7/12: Paul Sewald $6 - another save option
    7/19: Matt Manning $0 - decent
    7/23: Daulton Varsho $0 - great fill-in bat at C & OF
    7/30: Dylan Floro $17 - yet another save option
    8/2: Chas McCormick $0 - solid plug & play option
    8/18: Nick Solak $0 - I drafted him, cut him after he got demoted, then picked him up pre-promotion

Getting 3 saves guys has been huge, as has Triston & LaMonte.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      6/7: LaMonte Wade $0 - been a starter at CI for me ever since
      You dummy!

Every FAAB for me this season has either been a total dud or has come around to exceelence once I dropped them back into the pool, like Logan Webb.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My best pick up in my deep Al league has been a Haase.
        Espinal Tor Ss and Funkhouser Det P have been ok too

Comment

Best one, strangely enough, was a move out of pure desperation - I had no 3B, and the Hunter Dozier owner had thrown him over. He has 130 ABs for my team, with 18 r, 12 RBI, 2 SBs, .356 OBP/.431 SLG. Torrens has been better than a black hole at C, and I also got Taylor Walls, who also wasn't terrible when I had him in. That, plus Voit coming somewhat to life, has raised my offense from horribly putrid to merely bad and my team safely out of the cellar.

Which is important this year since my league is implementing something like the Waffle House punishment revo mentioned in the Football forum.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

NL only. I FAABed $1 for Brandon Crawford and $1 for Wainright. I also picked up Megill for $2 My $1 Bednar should also pay dividends next year. I track acquisition means for players and have found year after year more of my keepers were acquired by FAAB than the draft.

Comment

Pretty mixed bag in my 12-team mixed. Didn't draft any closers so scrambled early for them but am still going to end the season with only 5 points in saves, and I'm currently starting 9 SPs.

3/30 $5 Bassitt pre-Opening Day (he somehow went undrafted), $10 Romano meh
              4/6 Webb $1 then dropped, oof, $5 R Rodriguez, dropped
              4/13 $8 Y Garcia, dropped, $5 Trivino, $2 Kennedy, dropped
              4/20 $1 Longoria, mostly hurt, $1 Duvall, dropped
              5/18 $5 Schwarber literally the week before he went off
              5/25 $6 Danny Santana, barf
              6/8 $1 Gomber, solid
              6/29 $3 Straw, very nice
              7/6 $2 Smyly, dropped
              8/3 $6 Josiah Gray, solid, $3 Detmers, dropped, $1 Adell, dropped
              8/24 $5:Mikolas, hopeful, $2 R Suarez, solid start yesterday
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My NL-only team's FAAB:

4/04 Tyler Naquin $6
                4/11 Huascar Ynoa $6
                4/25 Camilo Doval $3
                5/09 Lewis Brinson $3
                5/16 Heath Hembree $7
                5/16 Will Craig $2
                5/30 Carlos Esteves $6
                6/06 Patrick Wisdom $12
                7/25 Anthony Bass $3 (picked him back up when Y.Garcia was traded, after releasing him earlier in the season)
                8/01 Nick Madrigal $8
                8/01 Tyler Clippard $6
                8/01 Lewis Brinson $3 (I included him in a trade, the other owner released him and I FAAB'd him again when Marte was traded)
                8/15 Tyler Gilbert $3
                8/15 Zack Littell $3
                8/15 Lars Nootbaar (waivers)

Of those, Naquin, Ynoa and Wisdom have exceeded expectations and contributed quite a bit (especially since Acuna was lost mid-season and Calhoun's injuries have made him miss most of the season). Hembree delivered 7 saves, though at the expense of 32 innings of atrocious WHIP & ERA. Clippard delivered 2 saves and decent ratios over 7 innings. Madrigal and Nootbaar are hopeful keepers for next season since I really didn't push hard to trade them for help this season. The rest have been inconsequential at best and detrimental at worst.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

In my NL only 5x5 12 team keeper most of my FAAB pickups made me a better team. Some because I used them in a trade package, some helped on their own.

I won Wade Miley with a $12 bid on our first night of FAAB. I also added Billy McKinney $8 on the same night.

My best bat was Patrick Wisdom $8 on 6/3.

AL 5x5 12 team. Rebuild year so a lot was for trading or replacing my regulars who I traded in two for ones to fill out the roster.

My first FAAB bid was $10 on Nick Pivetta 4/8 which I put in a package for injured Eloy Jimenez on 5/3.

I picked up Harold Ramirez for $12 who I eventually put in a package with Trivino and McCullers for Rodon and a couple of minor pieces. Rodon got put in the package that got me Ohtani.

Most of the rest of my FAAB spend was on middle relievers to stream to get my minimum innings.

Comment

My biggest FAAB week was week 1 in Lockdown Dynasty. It's 20 teams, keep forever, no salaries, but we get $100 in FAAB for bidding.

Week 1 I was torn between Carlos Rodon and Akil Baddoo. I bid $30 on each of them, and I landed Rodon, but Baddoo went for $50. That Rodon snag has been massive for my team build, allowed me to trade Giolito straight up for Arenado in May. I'm sitting in the last money spot, 4th, but surely would've been mid-pack without Rodon all season.

I missed all the mid-season breakouts as I stopped following boxscores, but I'm glad I got one great keeper.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

My NL-Only

04.15 CStammen SD 3
                      04.14 CStratton Pit 3
                      04.10 RWeathers SD 3
                      04.10 WDifo Pit 3
                      04.08 BMiller Phi 3
                      04.04 TAnderson Pit 3
                      04.02 DBednar Pit 3
                      04.02 HYnoa Atl 3

My first 8 bids (3 is minimum bid with tie going to lower team in standings)

Looking pretty good, eh? 1st place for the early part of the summer until... dun, dun, dun... the roto gods flipped the switch.
                      Ynoa, Jack Flaherty, Tony Gonsolin (part of trade for 2 starts of Trevor Bauer) Tyler Anderson trade to Sea, receiving end of dump trade (Degrom, Lindor, Pollack, Luis Castillo) the day before Lindor strained his oblique...traded for 1pt Pablo Lopez after his last stellar start and paid a hefty price... and finally, Alex Wood after open trading date (7/31) during our restricted trading period (you can trade within your grouping of top 6 or bottom 6 for month of August).

Tl;DR Seriously, every move went well 1st month and every trade I made to shore up a previous trade where the main guy got hurt, THAT guy got hurt 🤣 ... it became comical. Traded my way to mediocrity 😈

Ahhhh... that felt good to get out...
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

A little self reflection on my draft misses and add/drops (both successful and not) got me to thinking: I have a really hard time "forgiving" a player in-season. As an example, Hunter Dozier burned me on multiple teams draft-wise, so I am now totally blind to the fact that he might have been helpful to me the past few weeks. I would just dismiss him out of hand when considering faab bids. I think this is certainly one of my weaknesses; and often I dont even realize I am doing it (I just scroll right past him or whatever). Anyone else have this same issue? Did you get over it? I can forgive a guy from one season to the next but one month to the next...ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          A little self reflection on my draft misses and add/drops (both successful and not) got me to thinking: I have a really hard time "forgiving" a player in-season. As an example, Hunter Dozier burned me on multiple teams draft-wise, so I am now totally blind to the fact that he might have been helpful to me the past few weeks. I would just dismiss him out of hand when considering faab bids. I think this is certainly one of my weaknesses; and often I dont even realize I am doing it (I just scroll right past him or whatever). Anyone else have this same issue? Did you get over it? I can forgive a guy from one season to the next but one month to the next...ugh
                          Impressive self assessment, Pauly. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            I often have a fault at the other end of the spectrum - sticking with my guy for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long even when he is stinking up the joint.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              I often have a fault at the other end of the spectrum - sticking with my guy for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long even when he is stinking up the joint.
                              Especially if it's a guy I drafted as a prospect.

Comment

Working...
                              X