X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I think that is the case for someone else on this board
    You would be correct.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I would say a criticism of Biden would be not testing nurses and doctors for antibodies to see if they have natural immunity before firing them for not getting the jab. firing healthcare workers when hospitals are already short staffed that have better immunity than ones vaccinated during a pandemic. brilliant.

another criticism could be preventing truckers from Mexico and Canada from entering the country when there is already supply chain problems. brilliant.

or maybe another criticism would be stating publicly that if you got the jab covid would not be transmissible anymore (sterilized) and you wouldn't get infected.

Comment

• Walgreens Preparing for First Stores to Offer Free N95 Masks Friday
        Walgreens is preparing to begin distributing free N95 masks this week, but when exactly can customers expect to be able to get one and how will they know which stores have them?

According to the Illinois-based pharmacy chain, the first stores to offer up free masks are expected to begin distribution as early as Friday.

"We expect the first stores to begin offering masks on Friday, January 28 and will continue on a rolling basis in the days and weeks following," a spokesperson for the company told NBC 5 in a statement. "Participating stores will have signage indicating mask availability."

Comment

• Free covid tests for everyone available at: https://special.usps.com/testkits
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• today I wondered if I am a broken clock. so I tried to look on the brightside. would you rather be wrong when everyone is right and briefly right when everyone is wrong or right and wrong when everyone else is? the value of a broken clock, it's ironic because every clock I own is broken.

so I gave this article a stab, it's kind of a rant. it's a little long. I agree with most of it, but also disagree. I think the author kind of focuses on how she thinks a scientist should act. but it's not bad. it's brave. but if you are like me and wondering what to make of Robert Malone, additional perspectives can be helpful. I like the guy, but like most ppl, watch him with a weary eye.

Robert Malone Is Full of Shit https://bprice.substack.com/p/robert...s-full-of-shit
            But a Lot of Smart People Don’t Realize It
            But there are a lot of people who are “smart, but not scientists.” They don’t necessarily have the background to evaluate Malone’s claims, or the time to read medical journal articles to keep up on the latest science, just as I don’t have the background to evaluate what an electrician says about my solar panels, or the time to read electricians’ textbooks to check up on what he says.

So let me wade into this morass and tell you my observations about Robert Malone, the ways in which he presents information, and some of his specific claims. Unless otherwise noted, quotations of Malone are from episode #1757 of The Joe Rogan Experience

Comment

• The tangled history of mRNA vaccines https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w
              Hundreds of scientists had worked on mRNA vaccines for decades before the coronavirus pandemic brought a breakthrough.
              The debate over who deserves credit for pioneering the technology is heating up as awards start rolling out — and the speculation is getting more intense in advance of the Nobel prize announcements next month. But formal prizes restricted to only a few scientists will fail to recognize the many contributors to mRNA’s medical development. In reality, the path to mRNA vaccines drew on the work of hundreds of researchers over more than 30 years. The story illuminates the way that many scientific discoveries become life-changing innovations: with decades of dead ends, rejections and battles over potential profits, but also generosity, curiosity and dogged persistence against scepticism and doubt.

Comment

• I am of the opinion that the years of Booze and Drugs have protected you from any virus other than "must adopt feral catitis"

I might be wrong, but hey--so are you when it comes to the vaccine....
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  today I wondered if I am a broken clock. so I tried to look on the brightside. would you rather be wrong when everyone is right and briefly right when everyone is wrong or right and wrong when everyone else is? the value of a broken clock, it's ironic because every clock I own is broken.

so I gave this article a stab, it's kind of a rant. it's a little long. I agree with most of it, but also disagree. I think the author kind of focuses on how she thinks a scientist should act. but it's not bad. it's brave. but if you are like me and wondering what to make of Robert Malone, additional perspectives can be helpful. I like the guy, but like most ppl, watch him with a weary eye.

Robert Malone Is Full of Shit https://bprice.substack.com/p/robert...s-full-of-shit
                  But a Lot of Smart People Don’t Realize It
                  This is long, but interesting to someone like me who wanted someone like her to write something like this about Malone. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

This is long, but interesting to someone like me who wanted someone like her to write something like this about Malone. Thanks for sharing it.
                    Hey SM, can you clear your PMs?
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Hey SM, can you clear your PMs?
                      Done.

Comment

Done.
                        PM sent!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I am of the opinion that the years of Booze and Drugs have protected you from any virus other than "must adopt feral catitis"

I might be wrong, but hey--so are you when it comes to the vaccine....
                          i think, i was reading that 70% of ppl that caught polio were asymptomatic, and 25% fully recovered, so that leaves 5% to save. polio is about as an aggressive campaign as there is. i guess you wouldn't say 5% is a low number. polio is a bad disease. so whatever measures or policies they did were justified. using the same logic for covid, it does seem like a disease where if you have anything wrong, it could be like water finding leaks or cold finding cracks. it exposes whatever health problems we have. my position always was we couldn't stop transmission with the current vaccines, which makes the mandate flawed. i don't think we could afford lockdowns even though it helped. we need a better vaccine.

on just the vaccines, i'm not sure i have a position. i'm obviously supportive of ppl at risk getting them. but i talk more like this or that could happen. like a T-Rex dinosaur can suddenly show up in Tokyo. the news would report that Godzilla appeared. there would be ppl against Godzilla and for him. there will be interviews with leading experts and ppl that know him to find out what he has been doing since his last movie. there will be debates and court battles over whether Godzilla owns the rights to the land on monster island. business will have to be relocated and ppl will complain about not being able to visit Godzilla as they say the extra safety measures infringe on their freedoms. supporters will say that Godzilla is a misunderstood monster and friendly. an expedition will set out to find King Kong, so he and Godzilla can get together on talk shows. during the elections Godzilla becomes a write in candidate and wins Prime Minister. citizens don't understand why he keeps picking up a buses and throwing them back down as he wades through the buildings toward the center of towns. but they pass new taxes for repairs, and history shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men.

Comment

• here's an odd fact, i'm Six Sigma certified. during my free time I was trying to develop an idea having Wile E Coyote at our stores and using Six Sigma to show how he can always catch the Road Runner. after I got laid off I remember finding my certificate and throwing it out figuring my future fellow HVAC associates would roust me if I ever mentioned it.

Comment

• you guys don't want to hear about this stuff so i'll just clean up a few posts and stop talking about it. specifically the DNA thing. i'm actually getting pretty good at this stuff. it's a learning process. also I learned things about misfolding proteins (not related to covid) that could get me in trouble.

1) The coronavirus may sometimes slip its genetic material into human chromosomes—but what does that mean? https://www.science.org/content/arti...what-does-mean
                              Zandrea Ambrose, a retrovirologist at the University of Pittsburgh, adds that this kind of integration would be "extremely rare" if it does indeed happen. She notes that LINE-1 elements in the human genome rarely are active.
                              2)Evidence That the Coronavirus Can Mess With Our DNA Is Far From Convincing https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...far-convincing[quote]At the start of the pandemic, he consulted databases out of professional curiosity to see if he could find traces of the genetic material from any of the many coronaviruses in existence integrated in any of the couple of thousands of animal genomes available. He did not find anything even remotely coronavirus-like. After hundreds of millions of years of evolution, despite LINE-1 elements existing and despite coronaviruses infecting animals left and right, there was no trace of coronaviruses having jumped inside animal genomes. What were the odds that this brand-new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus managed to do just that in a matter of months? “That would be a really big surprise,” he said to me.

3)Genomic Study of COVID-19 Corona Virus Excludes Its Origin from Recombination or Characterized Biological Sources and Suggests a Role for HERVS in Its Wide Range Symptoms https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7810191/
                              a)COVID-19 Symptoms Implicate Its Unique Interaction with Human Biology
                              It is well known that COVID-19 has a wide range of symptoms in human ranging from no symptoms to death. The valid question here is that what makes people different in their response to COVID-19 infection?
                              b)Human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs). HERVs are DNA sequences originated from recurrent integrations of the previous exogenous retrovirus
                              c)Possible Role for HERVs in COVID-19 Infection and Symptoms
                              HERVs could modulate the infection and symptoms in the case of exogenous COVID-19 infection in different possible ways. First, HERVs or their products could compromise the immune system and facilitate the infection and penetrance of the virus to human cells. Also, individuals with high levels of the ACE2 receptor could be an easy target for the virus, especially those with high blood pressure and various types of stress. Second, different isolates of the virus can use the host cell to produce different protein sets (orf pattern) that can use the host cells and compromise the host immune system with different efficiencies. This will result in spectrum of disease severity and possibly death.

Long term studies are urgent to be conducted on the COVID-19 and other retroviruses that attach human to validate all of these possibilities for future safety and better management of future pandemics like COVID-19. Also, intensive studies are needed to survey human populations (especially elders and immune compromised) for their HERV loads
                              that paper had a lot of misspellings and grammar. it's not saying covid integrates into our DNA but it's possibly using previous retrovirus exposures from other viruses to create the constellation of symptoms and mortality.

4) Fact Check-Why does Pfizer’s new COVID-19 pill include a reverse-transcriptase inhibitor used in HIV treatment? https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2TE15Z
                              However, the drug also has other uses “In addition to the effect ritonavir has on HIV protease, it also inhibits an enzyme in our livers that clears medications and other chemicals from our blood. By blocking this enzyme, the clearance of these medicines is slowed down, meaning higher levels of the medication can be achieved. This is what ritonavir is doing in Paxlovid.”
                              5)Reverse transcriptase https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revers...otranscription
                              A reverse transcriptase (RT) is an enzyme used to generate complementary DNA (cDNA) from an RNA template, a process termed reverse transcription. Reverse transcriptases are used by viruses such as HIV and hepatitis B to replicate their genomes, by retrotransposon mobile genetic elements to proliferate within the host genome

a)Antiviral drugs (Further information: Reverse-transcriptase inhibitor)

As HIV uses reverse transcriptase to copy its genetic material and generate new viruses (part of a retrovirus proliferation circle), specific drugs have been designed to disrupt the process and thereby suppress its growth. Collectively, these drugs are known as reverse-transcriptase inhibitors
                              thus the combination of Paxlovid and Ritonavir serves two purposes, one that's expected in achieving higher levels of medication and one supposedly and potentially unexpected by inhibiting covid from communication with HERV's that might be modulating covid symptoms. which would be my theory and highly speculative.

Last edited by ; 01-28-2022, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• this is what happens when I stop drinking. I get smart. I like drinking better, but I can't do it anymore. peace

Comment

Working...
                                X