The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    well, my sister-in-law is a vaccine-skeptic ... I wouldn't lump her into the crazy antivaxxers who are out there demonstrating, but she is crazy enough to have not gotten the shot ... I completely disagree with her (obviously) to the point where I don't want to talk to her ... but I don't want her to die.
    Yeah, there is a continuum, which gives me hope. At the extreme are those who won't get vaxxed even if Jesus himself came down and told them it was their only path to heaven. But a lot of folks are still just nervous about how fast they were developed and want to see who turns into what type of zombie from which vaccines, and you gotta hope that after billions of shots and overwhelming data, and FDA approval, those folks will continue the slow trick toward higher vaccination rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, there is a continuum, which gives me hope. At the extreme are those who won't get vaxxed even if Jesus himself came down and told them it was their only path to heaven. But a lot of folks are still just nervous about how fast they were developed and want to see who turns into what type of zombie from which vaccines, and you gotta hope that after billions of shots and overwhelming data, and FDA approval, those folks will continue the slow trick toward higher vaccination rates.
      Any chance we develop a vaccine against idiocy?

I've been encouraged by a few things. First, the mandates are achieving their intention, forcing "hesitant" people to get jabbed, with under 1% of people across different professions quitting (police, health care, etc). That's fantastic. We need more mandates, especially once kids 5-12 become widely vaccinated.

I was also very happy about reports from vaccination sites, where people are grumbling and crying and acting like little bitches. That's the vaccine hesitant, and they're all crying about being forced into the vaccine. GOOD!

I've only known a few vaccine hesitant people. A late 30's guy who lives drug and alcohol free didn't want to pollute his body... but he drinks Coca Cola like water, so his rationale was flimsy, and he got jabbed when it was mandated for flights. I hope the mandates get more teeth.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I don't have a lot of hope for people who haven't yet concluded that the vaccines don't turn people into zombies....however, the work mandates have had a huge affect from data that I have seen. If vaccines (or applicable waivers) were required for flights within the U.S. that would likely be another boost to vaccination rates. Fortunately cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are starting to trend down. With a little luck this may be the last huge wave in the U.S. Though I'm not counting on it.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          WASHINGTON (AP) — In a potential leap forward in the global fight against the pandemic, drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental pill for people sick with COVID-19 reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half.
          hence my prior post.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            hence my prior post.
            Posted at 3:02 am! Up late or up early?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Posted at 3:02 am! Up late or up early?
              eh, I'm west coast so it was 1am. Up late. posting some response rates for a survey I'm running now so they could go out in an early monday newsletter on the east coast.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                eh, I'm west coast so it was 1am. Up late. posting some response rates for a survey I'm running now so they could go out in an early monday newsletter on the east coast.
                I am now typically up for a pee break at around 4:00 am plus or minus a few minutes. Then about a 50/50 chance of getting back to sleep. I think that is a a result from my covid hangover.

It really doesn't matter what time I go to bed either. That is kind of strange.

Comment

• Lapdog sycophant Lindsay Graham gets jeered when he dares suggest his constituents think about getting vaccinated.

Clown party rolls on.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The COVID death toll in 2021 has surpassed that of 2020. Good job, unvaccinated people. They offered you a cure and you refused it. Smart.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The COVID death toll in 2021 has surpassed that of 2020. Good job, unvaccinated people. They offered you a cure and you refused it. Smart.
                      The bill comes due. Always.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The COVID death toll in 2021 has surpassed that of 2020. Good job, unvaccinated people. They offered you a cure and you refused it. Smart.
                        I have made two small changes to Magneto's speech from X-Men: The Last Stand.

"They wish to cure us. But I say to you we are the cure! The cure for that infirm, imperfect condition called "liberalism"! They have their weapons. We have ours. We will strike with a vengeance and a fury that this world has never witnessed! And if any mutants stand in our way, we will use this poison against them! We shall go to Alcatraz island, take control of the cure, and destroy its source! And then, nothing can stop us! Except Covid!"

Comment

• Just saw some disturbing video of anti-vaxx dipshits gathered around the entrance to an elementary school in which they are proclaiming that masks "are raping our kids". Infuriating. I would not do well (and neither would they) if I had to run the gauntlet through these morons in order to get my child to school.

Comment

Just saw some disturbing video of anti-vaxx dipshits gathered around the entrance to an elementary school in which they are proclaiming that masks "are raping our kids". Infuriating. I would not do well (and neither would they) if I had to run the gauntlet through these morons in order to get my child to school.
                            There has been an anti-mask sentiment in my town for school kids (as I'm sure there is everywhere), but nothing like that where they're impeding school drop off or pick up. They've been pretty respectful for the most part, either having an organized protest near the BOE or venting online or speaking to BOE meetings (but not like the crazy pants clips we have all seen online), but I have not seen anything like that on the way to drop off my kids. Almost everyone has their masks on at drop off and pickup, as required by the school. There are always some who do not, but it's a substantial majority.

Comment

• COVID has increased the demand for PPE so much that dirty & used medical gloves are being illegally imported into the US by the millions. Import regulations for protective medical equipment were temporarily suspended at the height of the pandemic and have remained suspended ever since.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/healt...ntl/index.html
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• COVID has killed more than HIV / AIDS in 40 years.

"China is working very, very hard. I have spoken to President Xi, and they’re working very hard. And if you know anything about him, I think he’ll be in pretty good shape. They’re — they’ve had a rough patch, and I think right now they have it — it looks like they’re getting it under control more and more. They’re getting it more and more under control. So I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away." - TFG, 2020

"It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away.: TFG, February 2020

"I always say, even without it [a vaccine], it goes away." - TFG, June 2020

"And I think we are going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of just disappear, I hope" - TFG July 2020

I mean, this jerkoff should be held accountable for his inaction (following the dismantling of the pandemic preparation provided by his alliterative predecessors), should he not? Barbara Birx just said that 30-40% of COVID deaths in the US have been preventable, largely attributable to the incompetency of TFG, his administration, and his said dismantling. Why the hell are half our country thinking about reelecting this oh-so-obvious clown? There has never been a failure of leadership of this magnitude in our nation's history.

Comment

Working...
                                X