The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Lettuce be clear about what Michael Flynn said on a video that’s been making the rounds on social media.

While on what appeared to be a video panel, Flynn, the former National Security Advisor under former U.S. President Donald Trump, mentioned that “Somebody sent me a thing this morning where they’re talking about putting the vaccine into salad dressing, or salads.” So basically Flynn was sharing his “thing” or someone else’s “thing” with whomever happened to be watching the video panel. Was Flynn actually tossing around a conspiracy theory about Covid-19 vaccines already being in salads or salad dressing? Did he leave any context behind what he said? Was their any chard evidence behind what he said?
    Ken, can you comment?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I thought Strange Brew was a comedy...turns out it was a glimpse into our dystopian future.
      :chugs another Elsinore beer:
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Ken, can you comment?
        I cannot confirm or deny that my Ken's Balsamic Vinnavaccinette will be hitting stores next week.

Comment

• "Covid's partisan pattern is growing more extreme."
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/b...cinations.html

"Covid's partisan pattern is growing more extreme."
            Yup, Conservatives and Christians, all dying for their "free choice". It's Conservative brain-rot extending the pandemic.

I mentioned before that the Conservative idea of preventing any change is halting vaccine efforts, but I've seen a new trend. It's the "personal responsibility" Conservative smooth-brains that are also crying about how careful they are. The same assholes that respond to contradictory evidence with "I do my own research", consisting of Q-Anon scam-artist drivel.

These trash people who are currently dying in triage in Alberta, soon also in Saskatchewan, are preventing life-saving surgeries for others. People have had cancer surgeries delayed until inoperable. These free-dummies are killing people over political nonsense. Conservatives are truly the idiot party, the entire world over, and I have no idea how anybody can look past the lemming-ness of the group without arousing other suspicions.

Over 1 in 500 Americans have died of covid. 99% of the Covid deaths in 2021 are of unvaccinated people. This math shouldn't be difficult.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Supreme Court Justice Brett "I LOVE BEER" Kavanaugh tests positive for COVID. Kavanaugh is vaccinated but was around the other Justices pretty recently.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So as of today, I'm jumping on the anti-covid vaxx bandwagon!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Supreme Court Justice Brett "I LOVE BEER" Kavanaugh tests positive for COVID. Kavanaugh is vaccinated but was around the other Justices pretty recently.
                  Wow, the karmic potential here is strong. Just imagine.....GOP ignores COVID..... COVID wipes out Supreme Court.....Biden appoints multiple Supreme Court Justices.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    So as of today, I'm jumping on the anti-covid vaxx bandwagon!
                    It is way more fun to do that if you have had both vaccinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Supreme Court Justice Brett "I LOVE BEER" Kavanaugh tests positive for COVID. Kavanaugh is vaccinated but was around the other Justices pretty recently.
                      Is he symptomatic or just positive?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Wow, the karmic potential here is strong. Just imagine.....GOP ignores COVID..... COVID wipes out Supreme Court.....Biden appoints multiple Supreme Court Justices.
                        if that were a piece of fiction / thriller novel it would have been reviewed as too absurd to contemplate ... but here we are ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• WASHINGTON (AP) — In a potential leap forward in the global fight against the pandemic, drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental pill for people sick with COVID-19 reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            WASHINGTON (AP) — In a potential leap forward in the global fight against the pandemic, drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental pill for people sick with COVID-19 reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half.
                            I'm a bit concerned by this development. The pill is only good for people already experiencing symptoms of Covid, it won't be distributed as a preventative. Testing showed no evidence of lower transmission rate. So wouldn't the result be that all the anti-vax hogs who get Covid are given a pill which prevents them from getting a vaccination? The vaccine reduces hospitalization by 90% or more, the pill is estimated at 50%. Preventing deaths is the biggest bonus, and it's entirely separate from vaccines, so presumably even a breakthrough case for a vaccinated person could use the pill to prevent their illness or death, such as the 39 year old double-vaxxed fantasy sports writer who Gregg mentioned that died recently. It sounded like cool technology, inserting error codes into virus so it stops reproducing.

All that is to say, I know it's a good development, I just hope it doesn't prevent progress on vaccine uptake.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              I'm a bit concerned by this development. The pill is only good for people already experiencing symptoms of Covid, it won't be distributed as a preventative. Testing showed no evidence of lower transmission rate. So wouldn't the result be that all the anti-vax hogs who get Covid are given a pill which prevents them from getting a vaccination? The vaccine reduces hospitalization by 90% or more, the pill is estimated at 50%. Preventing deaths is the biggest bonus, and it's entirely separate from vaccines, so presumably even a breakthrough case for a vaccinated person could use the pill to prevent their illness or death, such as the 39 year old double-vaxxed fantasy sports writer who Gregg mentioned that died recently. It sounded like cool technology, inserting error codes into virus so it stops reproducing.

All that is to say, I know it's a good development, I just hope it doesn't prevent progress on vaccine uptake.
                              I hear you. It is a legit concern, but people being dumb can't be a reason to not to develop and tout treatments. As you say, it is all about preventing deaths and serious illness, and both of those things can happen even if vaccinated, so I'm all for the development of treatments. Unfortunately, you are right--better treatment options will only fuel more vaccinate hesitancy for a lot of people. But we still have to develop them if we can and try to save people if we can.

Comment

• well, my sister-in-law is a vaccine-skeptic ... I wouldn't lump her into the crazy antivaxxers who are out there demonstrating, but she is crazy enough to have not gotten the shot ... I completely disagree with her (obviously) to the point where I don't want to talk to her ... but I don't want her to die.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X