• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Cardboard box?
    Hasn't been here since late 2020

Comment

There are Texans in my area that ski with cowboy hats and huge lone star belt buckles on. No mercy!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Isn’t OJ a Texan, alma mater aside?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Isn’t OJ a Texan, alma mater aside?
          OJ went to USC

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            OJ went to USC
            OneTrojan

Comment

What's next are we going to talk about how everyone in Texas wears a cowboy hat and rides a horse to school?
              Are you saying that people drive cars in Texas now? When did this happen?
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Are you saying that people drive cars in Texas now? When did this happen?
                If a Ford F-150 counts as a car, then yes.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I agree with your point about who is espousing anti-vaccine rhetoric, but I also doubt chance's data claim.
                  Seems like you were right to doubt, at least based on this:

Americans who voted for former President Trump last year are 10 times more likely than those who cast their ballot for President Biden to say they don't ever plan to get vaccinated against COVID-19, according to a new Fox News poll out Thursday.

Thirty-two percent of Trump voters say they have no places to receive one of the three coronavirus vaccines available in the U.S., compared to only 3 percent of Biden voters, the poll found.

Eighty-six percent of Biden voters say they've already been vaccinated, while 54 percent of Trump voters said the same.

Comment

2 different friends in FL have already had their kids sent home for 10 days because a child in the class tested positive for Covid. In one case, the parent sent the kid into class while awaiting covid test results.

It's going to be a shitshow here in short order in some of these southern states with adolescent leadership.

Comment

Yes, you need to say more. Is there anyone on this board from Texas who supports Trump? I know of at least a couple who can't stand him. 46% of Texas voted for Biden. There are more people in Texas who voted for Biden than there are in New York in fact.

What's next are we going to talk about how everyone in Texas wears a cowboy hat and rides a horse to school?

Lets not stereotype, thanks.
                      OneJay?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        If a Ford F-150 counts as a car, then yes.
                        Texas oil billionaires thank you for your support.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

From my experience in Texas (only 10 years), it's pretty close to a 50/50 split amongst the population in regards to democrat vs republican. However, because of extreme gerrymandering (the thing I personally consider the most impactful reason) the Governance of Texas constantly seems to lean to the Right. Things may have changed since I left, but in my recent research of Austin and the surrounding area (UT is one of my wife's choices for Grad School) It seems pretty progressive, even from my Cali standpoint.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            From my experience in Texas (only 10 years), it's pretty close to a 50/50 split amongst the population in regards to democrat vs republican. However, because of extreme gerrymandering (the thing I personally consider the most impactful reason) the Governance of Texas constantly seems to lean to the Right. Things may have changed since I left, but in my recent research of Austin and the surrounding area (UT is one of my wife's choices for Grad School) It seems pretty progressive, even from my Cali standpoint.
                            Yes Austin is progressive, and the state as a whole has moved left (and continues to do so). It will be interesting to see how state politics shift once Abbott is out (can't come soon enough)

Comment

Yes Austin is progressive, and the state as a whole has moved left (and continues to do so). It will be interesting to see how state politics shift once Abbott is out (can't come soon enough)
                              Beto?
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X