No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both my daughters and their partners have yet to get vaccinated. All in their early 20s. The entire family of my youngest daughters significant other has not been vaccinated they're not MAGA--they're all liberal and the in law family is predominantly Hispanic. So yeah, it's not only MAGA Kevin and Karens. Though it IS the MAGA leadership, politicians and influencers who ARE espousing anti vax misinformation.

My girls and their guys are planning to get the vax this month as I am hitting Vegas for the WSoP opening week and would like to see them, but can't if they aren't Vaxxed. We shall see if that's enough motivation or not
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      My son's school is 100% mask mandated. Still nervous about his first day! By way of comparison, my sister-in-law's daughter just started kindergarten in Arizona, where there is another one of those unconscionable mask bans, and her daughter and one other kid are the only ones with masks.
      My younger daughter (3rd) is currently in quarantine after exposure to a classmate on her third effin day. I spoke with the head of school and voiced my displeasure at them adhering to Douchey's bs mask mandate ban. Getting her tested shortly.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        I agree with your point about who is espousing anti-vaccine rhetoric, but I also doubt chance's data claim.
        Data I'm getting is what downloadable from Data For Progress.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          My younger daughter (3rd) is currently in quarantine after exposure to a classmate on her third effin day. I spoke with the head of school and voiced my displeasure at them adhering to Douchey's bs mask mandate ban. Getting her tested shortly.
          I guess I could refer to my sister-in-law's daughter as my niece, since that's what she is, lol. But yeah, my niece is on her own little island out there. Hope you and your family stay safe in the face of the stupidity of your state's leadership.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Revo or whoever please delete my account. I mean it you have my email. just delete it. goodbye and thanks for everything. you guys have been good to me. goodbye

Comment

Booster Shots incoming...
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Psychotic mob in Tennessee screaming at medical providers and others about mask mandates during the worst pandemic in a century. Psychotic rage because they dare to try and keep kids healthy, or something? WTF

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My high school class spent nearly 2 years planning a reunion for the end of August. The 10 person committee voted 9-1 against asking for vaccination cards, although several of our classmates have compromised health situations. Several of the 9 berated the one asking for vax proof. Their basic stance was 'if you've got a problem, then stay home. We'll have fun anyway.' Considering we went to a catholic high school, their behavior is disturbing and childish. One of the guys relocated to Texas (need I say more?) and thinks Trump was God while in office. I don't have a clue whether he is vaccinated or not. He had the nerve to say in a FB post that the lone vote for vax cards should apologize. All things being said and done, the entire weekend is cancelled. TBH, I didn't really care to attend - the few I keep in touch with on FB are enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                    My high school class spent nearly 2 years planning a reunion for the end of August. The 10 person committee voted 9-1 against asking for vaccination cards, although several of our classmates have compromised health situations. Several of the 9 berated the one asking for vax proof. Their basic stance was 'if you've got a problem, then stay home. We'll have fun anyway.' Considering we went to a catholic high school, their behavior is disturbing and childish. One of the guys relocated to Texas (need I say more?) and thinks Trump was God while in office. I don't have a clue whether he is vaccinated or not. He had the nerve to say in a FB post that the lone vote for vax cards should apologize. All things being said and done, the entire weekend is cancelled. TBH, I didn't really care to attend - the few I keep in touch with on FB are enough for me.
                    Trump must be the God who sent pestilence our way...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wish I could find the site that I saw a couple weeks ago that broke down vaccination rates by county compared to Trump vote share. There was a very strong correlation.

This article only breaks it down at the state level for the US as a whole and at the county level within Colorado, but everything I've seen suggests this same county-level breakdown across the U.S. I don't see how you get from that to the unvaccinated population leaning liberal. Minorities, perhaps yes. And that sadly may be a function of having less access to vaccination as well as hesitancy?

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/2...ump-joe-biden/
                      Placer is one of the only counties in CA that is dark red on the Covid Heatmap right now, and one of (if not the) strongest leaning Trump county in the state.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

And here's the underlying data for that Denver Post article with a more thorough analysis:

The United States is not going to meet President Joe Biden’s target of 70% of the eligible population vaccinated by July 4th. This is not because of a lack of supply or capacity: in every sta…

It seems like there are two main conclusions from that analysis:
                        1. How Republican a county voted in both 2012 and 2020 was the main factor for lack of vaccinations.
                        2. Higher Black population was a secondary factor for lack of vaccinations. (The author did not examine county poverty as a potential variable, although he did consider urban/rural as a variable.)
                        Listening to Revisionist History podcast, and they had QuestLove doing get the vax promos.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                          One of the guys relocated to Texas (need I say more?)
                          Yes, you need to say more. Is there anyone on this board from Texas who supports Trump? I know of at least a couple who can't stand him. 46% of Texas voted for Biden. There are more people in Texas who voted for Biden than there are in New York in fact.

What's next are we going to talk about how everyone in Texas wears a cowboy hat and rides a horse to school?

Lets not stereotype, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

What's next are we going to talk about how everyone in Texas wears a cowboy hat and rides a horse to school?
                            Wait, you don't? Don't shatter my illusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Yes, you need to say more. Is there anyone on this board from Texas who supports Trump? I know of at least a couple who can't stand him. 46% of Texas voted for Biden. There are more people in Texas who voted for Biden than there are in New York in fact.

Lets not stereotype, thanks.
                              Cardboard box?

Comment

Working...
                              X