Will there be another Lockdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be another Lockdown?

I can't see a Nationwide lockdown like there was initially, but I can see states returning to their mitigation initiatives like--Limiting capacity, mask mandates, et all while adding Vaccination mandates to the queue.

There are already signs that we could be heading back in that direction. Drew Estate, one of the top cigar companies, has just cancelled ALL it's in person events for the remainder of 2021.

Several people I know in the Poker industry are worried that the In Person WSOP, scheduled for the end of Sept-November, might be cancelled again.

Actors Equity, the professional theater actors union, is already has one of the toughest Covid protocol lists out there and won't hesitate to pull it's clients off the stage--putting the reopening of Broadway in September, in jeopardy.

California has reinstituted indoor mask mandates in over half it's counties and if Newsom wasn't facing recall, he'd probably make the mandate, state-wide.

How does the Pen see this playing out?

Have steps already been taken in your part of the country?

Have you gotten any heads up warnings about events you might be scheduled to attend in the fall?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

are you trying to predict what people will do or what the virus will do.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      are you trying to predict what people will do or what the virus will do.
      Not trying to predict anything BUT as long as there are a significant percentage of the population who remain unvaccinated, the Virus isn't going anywhere requiring mitigation efforts to return.

Just trying to see if others are hearing/seeing what I'm seeing.

A return to pre vaccine Covid mitigation protocols.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

what is an in person top cigar company event like? can you smoke indoors, do you play poker all night, and in the morning do you feel like a catcher's mitt.

Comment

I predict no lockdowns. and we will reach herd immunity by the end of the year.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Industrial facilities in the southeast are putting mask requirements back in place quickly.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

NJ just announced kids will have to wear masks when school starts in September.

Comment

Starting Monday all employees at my store have to wear mask again - even the ones who are vaccinated .

Comment

what is an in person top cigar company event like? can you smoke indoors, do you play poker all night, and in the morning do you feel like a catcher's mitt.
                  This is a quality post.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I predict no lockdowns. and we will reach herd immunity by the end of the year.
                    The first part I buy.

But the herd immunity seems unlikely without either a death count that dwarfs last year's or a huge surge in vaccinations.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Not trying to predict anything BUT as long as there are a significant percentage of the population who remain unvaccinated, the Virus isn't going anywhere requiring mitigation efforts to return.

Just trying to see if others are hearing/seeing what I'm seeing.

A return to pre vaccine Covid mitigation protocols.
                      Yes. Protocols are being reinstated for complex league baseball, and I wouldn't be surprised to see other levels follow soon.

Comment

Lots of smokers, cigars and swag. Kind of like Comic Con for Cigars. Indoors, the quality of today's air filtration systems at these event is off the charts. No poker, though if you want you can, lots of booze though. Catcher's mitt? I don't judge.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Catcher's mitt? I don't judge.
                          I can attest to this.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Yes. Protocols are being reinstated for complex league baseball, and I wouldn't be surprised to see other levels follow soon.
                            The simple and intermediate leagues ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              The simple and intermediate leagues ?
                              And the fantasy leagues

Comment

Working...
                              X