2k21 Trade deadline / Rumor mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Passan reporting the Dodgers are closing in on Scherzer AND Turner from the Nats.
    Oh rumor mill, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Passan reporting the Dodgers are closing in on Scherzer AND Turner from the Nats.
      Um, not sure why LA would want a scrub like Scherzer when they already got DANNY DUFFY!

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Keibert Ruiz scratched from this evening's OKC game. Ze plot thickens!

Comment

The Nats better hit home runs on the trade front. Without Max and Turner and with the albatross contracts of Corbin and Strasburg...oh do I feel for Soto if they don't nail these trades.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            hearing the dodgers are gonna get Scherzer and Turner for Lux, K Ruiz, Goslin and others
            So this might happen and the Nats might just be using the Padres to jack up the price...Sounds like Josiah Gray is also in the package being discussed.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Oh rumor mill, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....
              It truly is a Love/Hate relationship this year right?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Dodgers luxury tax penalty will be more than the orioles are paying every player on the roster. Baseball has always been a game of haves and have-nots, but this is out of control.

Comment

ESPN reporting it’s a done deal.

And Seager is being activated tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    The Dodgers luxury tax penalty will be more than the orioles are paying every player on the roster. Baseball has always been a game of haves and have-nots, but this is out of control.
                    I thought teams were loathe to pay the luxury tax...for awhile there it seemed like that. I guess not for the Dodgers. I have never liked the uneven playing field in baseball, but if I were a Dodger fan, I'd be happy they are doing this--putting some of the profits back into the business--rather than just pocketing all the profits. I can't blame a team for spending, but yeah, it is ridiculous. The smaller market teams that benefit from these taxes need to be forced to spend more as a result.

Comment

ESPN reporting it’s a done deal.

And Seager is being activated tomorrow.
                      Bowden just tweeted Geraldo Carillo is in. So it looks like Ruiz, Gray, Donovan Casey and Geraldo Carillo.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Bowden just tweeted Geraldo Carillo is in. So it looks like Ruiz, Gray, Donovan Casey and Geraldo Carillo.
                        Given the Dodgers have Smith and their depth overall, none of these are big losses. No brainer deal for them. Huge gets. An embarrassment of riches.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          #1 and #2 in their system plus a couple of other guys on the rise--Big price to pay BUT it pretty makes them the team to beat again going toward the Playoffs. Giants and Padres better up their trade deadline game. And even then, it's gonna be tough to get past LA in a short series.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

so are they going to flat out cut Bauer? Turner is the real get here to me. Betts and Turner atop that order is gong to be tough. I think there is a lot of "i dont know" based on whether a 37 and 33 year old pitcher can carry a team deep into the season/playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              MLBTR reporting Rizzo to the Yankees. Great landing spot for him. Doesnt exactly fit the HR or strikeout mentality over there.
                              Last tweet I saw was two higher level minor leaguers, and the Yankees got the Cubs to pay Rizzo's salary for the year.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Schwarber to the Red Sox

Comment

Working...
                                X