Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seller's remorse

10 Team AL 4x4, $260

Came into the season as a heavy fav, and have floundered around 5th or 6th most of the season. SO many injuries this year, more than I've ever seen on any team (Trout, Mondesi, Glasnow, Paxton to name a few. Coupled with massive underachievers (Soler, Kepler, Dozier, Luzardo, Lemahieu, etc), it's been a rough season. First place team is running away with 70 points, 2nd-6th range from 54-46 points.

I have a history of winning championships, and while I have a legit shot at a money slot (if Trout & Mondesi ever come back), I decided to pack it in today and shot out a couple of blockbuster offers looking to next year. The 5th place team accepted this:

Traded: Olson (exp)/ JRam (exp)/ Iglesias (1st - $26)/ Maeda (1st - $28)
    For: Walsh (1st $15)/Naylor (throw in)/Manaea (2nd - $1)/ Skubal (1st $3)

I'm immediately feeling the seller's remorse. Somebody talk me off the ledge...
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

I actually think you got a nice return. Very good players at great prices.

Comment

I think you did pretty good.

Walsh is a stud, Manaea is having a breakthrough year, and Skubal should be in the rotation for years to come. You gave up two studs, but couldn’t keep them. Would it have been better to get a top minor leaguer? Maybe, but I think you did fine.

Comment

Agree with the others - good trade. When Trout comes back this team could still surge - I've seen it many times in my past AL league. Good luck!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Wow...that looks really good in a 10-team AL. Three keepers for two expiring and two non-keepers? Sign me up.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

You guys are making me feel a little better about it. Thanks.

Mostly, I'm just bummed to have thrown in the towel so early in the season with this lineup. But, IMO, there is a sweet spot for trading and it's typically in July for the best return. If you wait until August, the competition amongst dumpers is greater, and the returns diminish. Also, I havent been in rebuild mode in several years, and it's kind of an underrated fun aspect to the game. I really enjoy the art of identifying and stockpiling talent in August. Currently loving the overhaul of my staff and their prospects for '22.
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
            X