Frazier to the Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier to the Padres

From Passan on twitter, no mention of who goes to the Bucs..
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Marcano, Suwinski and Miliano for Frazier and cash

Wow, great deal for the Padres.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

$14 mil in cash from what I heard.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        $14 mil in cash from what I heard.
        Pirates owner Bob Nutting: "We're going to use that money to fund our minor league development program on Uranus. Yeah, that's what we'll use it for."

ETA: Just realized the Padres got the $1.4 million in cash and not the Pirates. I am absolutely shocked that "Bottom Line Bob" gave up a small portion of his coveted luxury tax money. That's not like him at all.
        Last edited by madducks; 07-25-2021, 10:27 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I believe that the 1.4 million to the Padres is so they don't go over the luxury tax this year, it covers frazier's salary ROS. allowing them to add more (they're about 6 million under right now)

I had thought Preller had been a bit too quiet.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Sad day for PIT. Man, I’m not a fan but I feel bad for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              As a Padre fan for the past 45+ years--I feel their pain.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Why? It's not like they had a chance to win this year or next year by keeping Frazier. IMHO, he's a mediocre player who is having a career season. And the Pirates sold while his value was at it's peak. Whether or not they got a good return remains to be seen.

The time to feel sad for the Pirates was when they let go of franchise players like McCutchen, Marte, and Cole. Frazier? He's small potatoes. But, he'll be an important cog in the wheel of a loaded team like the Padres.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  IMHO, he's a mediocre player who is having a career season. And the Pirates sold while his value was at it's peak.
                  That was my take too. Going from a .230 BABIP last year to .360 this year has done wonders.

Frazier is a career .280 hitter without much pop or speed to speak of, and oddly the defensive metrics look bad this year too. Maybe the 7 hole hitter or 1st guy off the bench on a playoff team?

Marcano was a pretty steep price IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Why? It's not like they had a chance to win this year or next year by keeping Frazier. IMHO, he's a mediocre player who is having a career season. And the Pirates sold while his value was at it's peak. Whether or not they got a good return remains to be seen.
                    Agree that Marcano was a great get for Frazier.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X