No announcement yet.

The Space race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the good thing about corruption is it's harder to corrupt one person that already has everything than a bunch of people that doesn't. for example the Gates foundation than the WHO. of course you are going to have individual donors championing a cause that effects less people, but you'll have less corruption.

so it's a dictatorship, just in a different way. so deep down the rabbit hole we are arguing whether it's better to have a capitalist authoritarian system verses a capitalist democratic system. the democratic having more innovation but easier to corrupt. so it's an argument between innovation and corruption.

you know what is eventually going to happen. we colonize the solar system and everyone on earth turns into zombies. and as the last ships leave earth, the zombies learn to use cell phones to order goods. so we come back to earth and stand there with a delivery while they reach in their pockets for money. I know im not going to tell them they are a few bucks shy while they stare at me confused. and then I blast off into space and say

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      It sure seemed like it, given the timing, but if the goal was to deflect criticism, he only did it from some people. Many on the right have a maniacal hatred of Van Jones. He jsut gave a whole lot of fodder to Fox News by giving 100 million to Jones.
      I'm not really thinking that much about it, just pointing out that him giving away 100 million isn't really a big deal for him. I am sure he thought enough about it to figure out who to give it to. He didn't give it to me, lol, or someone random. And I know enough about him to know that he isn't trying to make peeple's lives better, so why is he doing this ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have a different version where the mega-rich and influencers blast into space and play the Song about what a wonderful world it could be. and they have a grand idea to save it.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          I have a different version where the mega-rich and influencers blast into space and play the Song about what a wonderful world it could be. and they have a grand idea to save it.

you are missing the mushroom clouds in the their exit photo of earth
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

the good thing about corruption is it's harder to corrupt one person that already has everything than a bunch of people that doesn't. for example the Gates foundation than the WHO. of course you are going to have individual donors championing a cause that effects less people, but you'll have less corruption.

so it's a dictatorship, just in a different way. so deep down the rabbit hole we are arguing whether it's better to have a capitalist authoritarian system verses a capitalist democratic system. the democratic having more innovation but easier to corrupt. so it's an argument between innovation and corruption.

you know what is eventually going to happen. we colonize the solar system and everyone on earth turns into zombies. and as the last ships leave earth, the zombies learn to use cell phones to order goods. so we come back to earth and stand there with a delivery while they reach in their pockets for money. I know im not going to tell them they are a few bucks shy while they stare at me confused. and then I blast off into space and say

this is some of your finest work
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I'm not really thinking that much about it, just pointing out that him giving away 100 million isn't really a big deal for him. I am sure he thought enough about it to figure out who to give it to. He didn't give it to me, lol, or someone random. And I know enough about him to know that he isn't trying to make peeple's lives better, so why is he doing this ?
              My most cynical take, which I don't believe, but wouldn't be surprised it it played some small part in his decision, is that he did it to see if he could corrupt two people who people think are better human beings than he is. But I would hope it is because he sincerely believes these two can do the most good with it of anyone he could think of. It is a hell of a responsibility he has given these two and they seem committed to doing good with it. It is a social experiment in philanthropy for which I can think of no exact parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                My most cynical take is that he did it to see if he could corrupt two people who people think are better human beings than he is. But I would hope it is because he sincerely believes these two can do the most good with it of anyone he could think of.
                Damn, your most cynical take is more cynical than I even thought of. Why not, though....if you have billions, why not throw money around to play with peoples lives. would be a great Netflix series. Realistically i suspect it is him just throwing some loose change to the panhandler on the sidewalk and getting some credit for it.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

if you really wanted to be persnickety we can say the moon picture is fake and the earth is flat and we live inside a dome. my teacher at school believed it and I can say, there's no comeback to that. heh

Comment

if you really wanted to be persnickety we can say the moon picture is fake and the earth is flat and we live inside a dome. my teacher at school believed it and I can say, there's no comeback to that. heh
                    oh, if anyone want's to be persnickety (great word) it's me.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      you are missing the mushroom clouds in the their exit photo of earth
                      or just as you blast off and the zombies multiply exponentially, all the lights and electricity slowly goes off in each country. that sounds more romantic.

Comment

it's pretty easy to figure out. being or appearing to be socially responsible is good for business. it falls into the 'shopping experience'.

it's an arms race. you'll run out of good things to do, and have to do bigger and bigger good things. because the people that have money to spend are doing good. it's a radical idea about money, yet there it is.

Comment

the question is if it's doing any good. but the intent is there.

by the way the reason everyone that has a computer thinks they are computer experts is because they use one everyday. even if they don't do it for a living. the same logic can be applied to everything almost.

it would be interesting examining when a moral responsibility became attached to money and how or why it happened. this is what I hate about rabbit holes. money is like a string of entangled particles, once attached, each one shares a similar fate. so it's not a challenge of economics or politics but of nature.

Comment

on the practical side, there's so much fucking space junk up there already. and if you are going to start colonizing the earths orbit, you better start cleaning it up or you'll just end up knocking out satellites. so it's like hey you! get off my lawn. only it's really hard to mow your lawn in space. personally I think there is a lawn mowing business to be had in space. I am going to call it space tractors. for a low limited down payment, you can purchase a space tractor to mow your future lawn. I will provide you with all the needed materials to get started and show you everything space landscape companies don't want you to know about.

Comment

when you blast off into space it will be more important to be with a famous actor. so what movie they starred in will be the deciding factor. so if you go with an actor like Ice Cube, you can debate if it's all about the benjamins, Mike Epps is good too since he was in Resident Evil shit. but if is it's a John Carpenter ghosts of mars, I am not sure even Natasha Henstridge's Canadian legs could convince me to climb aboard the ship.

in all seriousness, the risk benefit from exploring space is worth it. and for all we know there is a alien species waiting to meet us. I seriously doubt it but. it's all about the benjamins. .. or like in scarface, it's all about the money, and power then women and Natasha Henstridge's legs. in area 51 her legs are classified. which is increasing the sightings of UFO's.

there's another question, how can we use the publics support for UFO's and sexy actresses legs to fund our space program?

Comment

here you are floating in space mowing your lawn and the headlines read you tube star becomes president of earth. and then you are like, now I know that planet went to hell. it's gonna happen. and then you are going to be like Rod Serling. didn't there used to be a bumper sticker thing like question reality. yup, I am a radical. I was disappointed to discover it. especially a free radical. but my book, confessions of a free radical. I will show you everything valence electrons don't want you to know about.

Comment

Working...
                                X