Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start or bench Buehler at Coors field today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start or bench Buehler at Coors field today?

He last pitched in Coors on Apr 3 and went 6IP with 4 Ks and 2 ERs but didn't get the win. Is that probably about the best outcome you could hope for?
    I know you should probably start an ace but I hate the Coors possible / probable bad impact on a starting pitcher's ratios .
    5 by 5 league

TIA

No question, he has to be started.

Rockies are a real weak team and are not to be feared in Coors this year.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      No question, he has to be started.

Rockies are a real weak team and are not to be feared in Coors this year.
      The numbers beg to differ. The Rockies have the fourth highest home wOBA and average the second most runs per game at home.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by southcoast View Post
        He last pitched in Coors on Apr 3 and went 6IP with 4 Ks and 2 ERs but didn't get the win. Is that probably about the best outcome you could hope for?
        I know you should probably start an ace but I hate the Coors possible / probable bad impact on a starting pitcher's ratios .
        5 by 5 league

TIA
        The correct answer was: start him, though he did give up 2 ER early. What did you do?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

If you started him, then it worked out because Buehler had a quality start, had 8 Ks, actually helped your ratios and got the win. Personally, I generally sit starters at Coors but I would have started Buehler since he's an ace-quality pitcher. Dont have any stats to back this up but my perception that I've gained over the years is that true TOR SPs can do well at Coors. Non-TOR starters, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            The correct answer was: start him, though he did give up 2 ER early. What did you do?
            I started him. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
              The numbers beg to differ. The Rockies have the fourth highest home wOBA and average the second most runs per game at home.
              My bad on the 2021 Rockies home stats. Wasn't trying to give you a bum steer there Southcoast. Anyway, glad you started him and it worked out.

Buehler has been extremely reliable this year and can be safely started anywhere.

Comment

[QUOTE=harmon;409485]My bad on the 2021 Rockies home stats. Wasn't trying to give you a bum steer there Southcoast. Anyway, glad you started him and it worked out.

No problem. I appreciate and value all the input from everyone on this forum!
                Last edited by southcoast; 07-18-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X