MLB draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    BA article on which teams they think have had the best drafts so far thru day #2:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...after-day-two/
    I don’t have BA access, rhd. What did they say about the Mets’ draft? Kumar obviously nice, but tough to evaluate the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      I don’t have BA access, rhd. What did they say about the Mets’ draft? Kumar obviously nice, but tough to evaluate the rest.
      They didnt say anything about the Mets. They merely listed 4 teams that they thought had the best drafts. Those were Reds, Marlins, Pirates, and Tigers.

Comment

Do you realize that the Angels selected nothing but pitchers in this draft? 20 picks, 20 pitchers. No team has ever taken pitchers exclusively in the 1st 20 rounds before. The closest was the Braves in 2015 taking 18 pitchers. The guy running the Angels' draft said that he did consider taking a hitter at various points in the draft but that he liked the pitching depth. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Do you realize that the Angels selected nothing but pitchers in this draft? 20 picks, 20 pitchers. No team has ever taken pitchers exclusively in the 1st 20 rounds before. The closest was the Braves in 2015 taking 18 pitchers. The guy running the Angels' draft said that he did consider taking a hitter at various points in the draft but that he liked the pitching depth. Strange.
          Sounds like they are going with the American pitchers/international hitters draft strategy. At least this year anyway.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X