Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-MLB Amateur Draft" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    What did you give up to get Orelvis after his scorching couple of weeks? Kudos to you...
    Nathan Eovaldi at a keeper price. But this is after I traded a total of 6 top 50ish minor leaguers to get Charlie Morton and a cheap keeper Giolito (I parted with Baty, Gorman, Hassell, Gonzalez, Kirby, and Priester to get those two and Trevor Story), so I had loaded up at SP and could afford to give a little back to give myself another trade chip. I am going to try to flip Martinez for Darvish pretty soon, so it was a strategic move--take the hot prospect from my rival by giving him an inferior SP to the one I think I will get from the guy who indicated he would dump soon. If it doesn't work out, I think I have enough pitching to win anyway, and I missed having Martinez (I traded him in the pre-season along with a couple of picks to trade up to the 6th pick).

Comment

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/

that's mlb.com's new top 100

while I own 7 of them (and Kumar Rocker, sigh), I am looking ahead to next April's draft where I hope yet again to have the first pick.
      available from this list in my league:

29. Diego Cartaya, Dodgers C
      64. Jordan Walker, Cardinals 3B
      67. Ryan Pepiot, Dodgers P
      70. Mick Abel, Phillies P
      81. Michael Busch, Dodgers 2B
      82. Jake Eder, Marlins P
      85. Bobby Miller, Dodgers P
      93. Liover Peguero, Pirates SS
      97. Michael Harris, Braves OF

my prospects are ranked 5, 21, 49, 84, 87, 94, 98 (and Rocker) - and that's a full set of 8 farmhands in this league.
      AND I own what will be 5 of the first 9 (out of 11) first-round picks - and 13 into 8 won't go (or 12 into 8 if I dump Rocker)
      will likely trade a couple of mid-round farm picks for a June pick of a likely also-ran in 2022.

several owners are in love with making picks, so they'd be happy to get multiple picks even if the pickings are slim
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Four of those are LAD prospects. Wow.

I would look to trade down your pick and target Harris.

Comment

I'd aim to get Cartaya and Harris and see if you can trade other picks and/or other minor leaguers you already have for a keeper or two.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

After going 4/5 yesterday this JRod kid is now batting .377 in AA with an OBP of .500
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Eleven Cuban baseball players have defected from the national team during a tournament in Mexico for players under the age of 23, which began last month. Hopefully, these kids are with someone who treats them like human beings. Some of the stories of previous defectors are horrible.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X