Which NL 2nd baseman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NL 2nd baseman

NL only 5x5 keeper league. 10 teams. I am in contention and looking to enhance back end of a trade which has been negotiated. In that trade I would be receiving Yan Gomes who hit the IL. Under our rules the trade can be re-negotiated or canceled if a principal goes down. I am not interested in canceling as I will be getting Justin Turner and Edwin Diaz.

I am thinking of offering Hampson 2B for Josh Harrison 5A as a modification. I need BA, HRs, runs and RBI and am strong in SBs at this point. Harrison won’t bring me much in the way of HRs but he has a better BA profile and plays more than Hampson so more counting stats. I know I will take a hit in SBs and could lose a point or 2 but I am thinking that would be offset by gains in other categories. Thoughts?

If you think that deal would make a difference in your title push then by all means go for it.

Longer term $2 Hampson has greater upside. I kind of question the expected impact over 70 games of Harrison vs Hampson, but again if in your situation it is meaningful enough then it's worth a try. Your trading partner should be happy to do it.

Comment

Other than BA, I'm going to be surprised if Harrison provides much more R/RBI and only a very modest HR improvement. If the the counting categories are VERY close, then it's probably worth doing. But I agree with Harmon that you come out on the bad end of value.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X