Clase for Snell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clase for Snell?

Just got this offer in my 16-tm redraft league (daily lineup changes).

If this was a month ago, I'd be all over it. But Snell's issues have continued and at this point, I feel like he's a Trojan Horse waiting to obliterate my team once I acquire him.

Some insight:
    - I have 4 "saves" guys - -Neris, Clase, Staumont & Ottavino. Even with all of them, which is a lot in a 16tm league, I'm in no man's land in saves (8th overall with 27.) It's 5 saves to the next guy behind me, and 5 saves to the guy in front of me. All of the teams in front of me have 2 closers, so even with my quartet, I may not gain. That's why I'm offering one out.

- My pitching is good: Nola, Ryu, McCullers, Cease, Urquidy, Fried, Gilbert, Javier (if he returns to a starter) & Carrasco (if he returns). Low risk guys. But I can gain ground in Wins and Strikeouts. Snell would help in Ks, but he could also blow up my ratios which I've so tenderly curated, lol.

- the guy offering Snell is tied for 5th place with me, and I really don't want his problem child. This guy always goes starting pitching heavy, then pivots to deal them away midseason to get closers. I don't want to help him.

- lastly, this is the first year in like 7 years where I've contended this late in the season (I'm in 5th with 99 points. 1st is 131, but 2nd is 106 pts). Do I really want the Snell hoodoo voodoo to blow everything up?

Even if Snell rebounds, I'm thinking this buy low is the wrong buy low. I'd deal Staumont for him, which I know he won't do, but Clase I feel is a little too much for a guy who seems bound for a lengthy IL stint with suckitis soon.

What do you think?

Pitcher List has Snell as the #38 SP going forward, just behind Ohtani & Berrios, but ahead of Gibson, Walker, Bassitt, Lamet, Morton, Greinke, Castillo, Paddack, etc.

The projection systems on FanGraphs all have Snell rebounding to about a 3.50 ERA and 1.22 WHIP the rest of the way (along with 6 wins and 110 Ks).

BBHQ has Clase worth $11 ROS, and Snell $10 ROS.

Also, the same team also has Framber Valdez, Nathan Eovaldi, Rich Hill and Pablo Lopez who may be less risky and who he may deal.

Comment

I wouldn't do it...if you're tied, why help him out? I just don't see a brilliant 2nd half for Snell, but for Clase, I do.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

GET FRAMBER!! GET FRAMBER!! GET FRAMBER!!

Did I mention that if you go for a starter, that I'd recommend Framber over Snell right now? Framber already looks good, and he's missed roughly 10 starts already, so the Astros won't really need to monitor his innings much.

OTOH, Clase seems to have as much of a lock on the closer role as just about anyone in baseball right now, and he looks really good. If you'd stand pat, I wouldn't criticize.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I was going to deal Framber in a package containing Snell in one league and S Gray in another--I'm very glad Bene drives such a hard bargain...
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I dealt Framber earlier this year for GCole ... I still think it was the right thing to do ... but I do wonder...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I passed on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                I dealt Framber earlier this year for GCole ... I still think it was the right thing to do ... but I do wonder...
                Well, I love me Framber, but I'd do that deal.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Well, I love me Framber, but I'd do that deal.
                  to be fair there was more to the deal, but yeah, I had to do it
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                  X