Trade or Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade or Stand

In my 16 team H2H league, dump season has started. I am sitting 2nd and I am wondering if I should stay the course, or look for a rental.

Two factors to consider are the MASH unit--hopefully Carlos Carrasco and Luis Roberts will be 100% by September--and that this is a keeper league. Escobar, Morton, Ryu, Hendricks, and probably Lynn and Carrasco will not be back for 2022. I am actually peaking a bit early in the cycle.

Carson Kelly Ari - C
    Alex Kirilloff Min - 1B,OF
    Jeimer Candelario Det - 1B,3B
    Wander Franco TB - 3B,SS
    Gleyber Torres NYY - SS
    Gavin Lux LAD - 2B,SS
    Ronald Acuņa Jr. Atl - OF
    Cedric Mullins Bal - OF
    Brandon Lowe TB - 1B,2B,OF
    Aristades Aquino Cin - OF
    Willy Adames Mil - SS

Gerrit Cole NYY - SP
    Charlie Morton Atl - SP
    Hyun Jin Ryu Tor - SP
    Lance Lynn CWS - SP
    Liam Hendriks CWS - RP
    Josh Hader Mil - RP
    Brad Hand Was - RP
    Nick Wittgren Cle - RP
    Dylan Cease CWS - SP
    Patrick Sandoval LAA - SP

Alex Cobb LAA - SP
    Anthony Rendon LAA - 3B
    Edward Olivares KC - OF
    Jo Adell LAA - OF
    Chris Owings Col - 2B,3B,SS,OF IL
    Yoshi Tsutsugo LAD - 1B,3B,OF IL
    Luis Robert CWS - OF IL
    Daniel Lynch SF - SP
    Griffin Canning LAA - SP
    Tyler Chatwood Tor - SP,RP
    Carlos Carrasco NYM - SP,RP

Updated for moves. The team acquired Rendon, Sandoval, Lynch, Torres, and Hand in multiple deals for Altuve, Willie Calhoun, Logan Webb, Nate Lowe, and Escobar.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 07-20-2021, 12:02 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

There's no way I'd pass up the opportunity to get one or even two rentals. One Severino-like tweak to Carrasco or Robert, and they're out all year. Given how bad Rendon is, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out his present injury is worse than advertised or there's something else going on we don't know about.

You're in 2nd, and flags fly forever.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Agreed. Push the accelerator down!

Comment

Flags fly forever! 2nd place is first loser!

Though, good news is Cookie seems close to a return, finally.

Comment

Another title would be nice. This is H2H, so making the playoffs is the first obstacle and that is well in hand. Hurdle two on the list is playing well at the end of the season.

I am in 2nd without my second best hitter, Roberts, and with the call up of Wander Franco possible, so I thought I might be good to go. Still, the buildup is in progress. For better or worse, I traded Altuve to get Rendon.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Another title would be nice. This is H2H, so making the playoffs is the first obstacle and that is well in hand. Hurdle two on the list is playing well at the end of the season.

I am in 2nd without my second best hitter, Roberts, and with the call up of Wander Franco possible, so I thought I might be good to go. Still, the buildup is in progress. For better or worse, I traded Altuve to get Rendon.

J
            Hope you got Altuve’a 2HRs last night on the way out!

Comment

And the grand slam. I'm taking this week 12-1 so far.

The trade takes effect Monday. I made an offer on Luis Castillo.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Update. The last two weeks moved me into first place and acquire some breathing room. The teams previously in 1st, 3rd and 5th have had back-to-back bad weeks. The #4 team has not kept my pace, but has moved up to 2nd.

I did not get Castillo. Other than Rendon, I moved Willie Calhoun and Logan Webb for Patrick Sandoval and rights to Daniel Lynch. Calhoun went on IL and is now on WW if I want to pick him up again.

Trade deadline is 11 August and activity has settled for now.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

How would you feel going into a draft/auction with Garrit Cole, Dylan Cease, and Patrick Sandoval, with Josh Hader in the pen, when you can expect only fillers from the pool?

I lost Acuna for the season. The one top 50ish player I might be willing to trade is Lance Lynn, who would be an expensive option to pick up. For this year I have Morton, Ryu and the prospect of Carrasco to take up slack, but none of them are options to keep. Lynn at least carries the possibility.

Can I afford to deal Lynn or do I keep the dominant SP put my chips on Wander Franco and company?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'd deal Lynn - given how much the White Sox are running away with it, it's certainly possible LaRussa will have his SPs go less innings or skip an occasional start down the stretch and that'll likely be your playoff time.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I made the finals, though if I had known how much BS was coming I would have stood pat. I had a 14 point lead drop to six back, but once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

I never got a reasonable offer for Lynn. He's pitching his regular rotation to tune up for the playoffs. I just wish the rest of the rotation as so easy.

I first won this in 2009 and I'm up against the same manager in the finals.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

They say ugly wins count.

My team hit .239 with a 4.02 ERA and dominated the finals. I was bad and he was putrid.

Our stat guys says I led the league in zero categories out of 16. weird shit.

J
                        Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-03-2021, 06:44 PM.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          They say ugly wins count.

My team hit .239 with a 4.02 ERA and dominated the finals. I was bad and he was putrid.

Our stat guys says I led the league in zero categories out of 16. weird shit.

J
                          This is why I've never really understood interest in H2H when Roto is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            This is why I've never really understood interest in H2H when Roto is available.
                            The team would have finished 2nd in ROTO without winning a category. That fits since we finished 2nd in H2H.

This makes 4/15 championships, but I wonder how many more years the league has in the tank.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                            X