For fans of the Andy Griffith Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For fans of the Andy Griffith Show

Found this looking for something else. Never saw it before.

Loved the show.

Use to watch it in College. It was popular enough in Roanoke that the channel that broadcasted it use to have a street reporter who would go out and get people to whistle the opening tune and splice them together as "The 5-O'Clock Whistle" They would show every weekday at 5. Sad that this was pre-internet as I can't find a youtube clip anywhere.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

This was in my Youtube recommendations a while back. Their recommendations are constantly changing. So, if you don't click on something right away, you usually don't see it again for a long time. I meant to watch it. But, i clicked on something else, lost it and forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. One of the all-time classic TV shows.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, an all time great show. Cool to see.

Comment

Comment

Perhaps the best theme song of all time, maybe tied with Mash, and more proof that birds are no bird brains. I did not know it had lyrics too, but here they are, sung by Andy Griffith (I like the whistling version better):

Comment

Working...
            X