Which was worse, Trump or Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which was worse, Trump or Covid?

Now that we're closing in on Covid restrictions ending, we have a pretty good sense of it. Thank fuck!

So I wonder, what was worse for you, 4 years of Trump or 2 years of Covid? Or asked slightly differently, would you rather see a Trump 2024 win or a Covid-24 outbreak?

I'm trying to think of this solely in terms of mental fatigue and general emotional state. I'm not calculating which one made more people suffer (or die). I'm sure there's already a CNN article on that.

Personally, I feel like the Trump term prepared me for the misery of the Covid era. I feel I was driven more crazy by Trump than Covid, but if Trump hadn't prepared me, Covid would have been unfathomable. But i was lucky to work in an industry unaffected by Covid restrictions and not live with school age kids, so that's my personal bias. Those factors would likely sway me if I were dealing with work and childcare issues.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Now that we're closing in on Covid restrictions ending, we have a pretty good sense of it. Thank fuck!

So I wonder, what was worse for you, 4 years of Trump or 2 years of Covid? Or asked slightly differently, would you rather see a Trump 2024 win or a Covid-24 outbreak?

I'm trying to think of this solely in terms of mental fatigue and general emotional state. I'm not calculating which one made more people suffer (or die). I'm sure there's already a CNN article on that.

Personally, I feel like the Trump term prepared me for the misery of the Covid era. I feel I was driven more crazy by Trump than Covid, but if Trump hadn't prepared me, Covid would have been unfathomable. But i was lucky to work in an industry unaffected by Covid restrictions and not live with school age kids, so that's my personal bias. Those factors would likely sway me if I were dealing with work and childcare issues.
    wuhan vs TDS

President Trump was fantastic. I still remember watching the campaign between hilliary and DJT. the media was raggin non-stop on Trump while it was a total love fest for the c..t who criticized the woman who blew billy in the WH, while at the same time supporting the cheater. I didn't know much about Trump at the time but even I was aware of the criminal crap associated with hilliary. In the end, Trump made promises he kept. hilliary still cries about the 'stolen' election.

as for wuhan, lol. come on tw, the cdc is changing, hiding, and amending their stats (it seems) every day. ny and cali on lockdown, killing their state. Texas and Flor wide open, thriving.

I am surprised you would think their is a comparison.

Comment

For me personally, Covid was worse. Trump was terrible in so many ways for so many people. Did it personally impact me? Not really, other than the sheer exhaustion of everything becoming political and the addiction of checking his Twitter to see what dumb thing he said next. I guess my taxes went up a little bit because they took away the SALT deduction, but it wasn’t major.

Covid, on the other hand, I couldn’t see my parents for a while, my kids definitely regressed (more emotionally than education wise). Covid restrictions robbed us of time we could have spent with my mother in law before she passed away in April and prevented us from visiting her in the hospital and rehab after her stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        For me personally, Covid was worse. Trump was terrible in so many ways for so many people. Did it personally impact me? Not really, other than the sheer exhaustion of everything becoming political and the addiction of checking his Twitter to see what dumb thing he said next. I guess my taxes went up a little bit because they took away the SALT deduction, but it wasn’t major.

Covid, on the other hand, I couldn’t see my parents for a while, my kids definitely regressed (more emotionally than education wise). Covid restrictions robbed us of time we could have spent with my mother in law before she passed away in April and prevented us from visiting her in the hospital and rehab after her stroke.
        That's awful to hear about your mother in law. I hope your family is healing from that trauma.

I can't imagine the strain of raising two young children and tons of at home schooling, and I applaud your effort. I'm glad we're almost home free.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          wuhan vs TDS

President Trump was fantastic. I still remember watching the campaign between hilliary and DJT. the media was raggin non-stop on Trump while it was a total love fest for the c..t who criticized the woman who blew billy in the WH, while at the same time supporting the cheater. I didn't know much about Trump at the time but even I was aware of the criminal crap associated with hilliary. In the end, Trump made promises he kept. hilliary still cries about the 'stolen' election.

as for wuhan, lol. come on tw, the cdc is changing, hiding, and amending their stats (it seems) every day. ny and cali on lockdown, killing their state. Texas and Flor wide open, thriving.

I am surprised you would think their is a comparison.
          Lol, how did you keep a straight face with this?

“Defend the cheater” as you defend a clown accused by at least 24 women of sexual harassment?

“Cries about the stolen election” as the clown convinced 50%+ of his cult that the election was stolen from him, and doesn’t go a minute without chattering about it? How about reading today’s tranche of emails from the DOJ showing the WH and your hero demanding they look into “Italian Satellites” changing votes for Biden? LOL, only one person tried to cheat in the election, and it certainly wasn’t the guy who kicked Trump’s ass.

Gimme a break with your crap.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Lol, how did you keep a straight face with this?

“Defend the cheater” as you defend a clown accused by at least 24 women of sexual harassment?

“Cries about the stolen election” as the clown convinced 50%+ of his cult that the election was stolen from him, and doesn’t go a minute without chattering about it? How about reading today’s tranche of emails from the DOJ showing the WH and your hero demanding they look into “Italian Satellites” changing votes for Biden? LOL, only one person tried to cheat in the election, and it certainly wasn’t the guy who kicked Trump’s ass.

Gimme a break with your crap.
            Come on revo. TW asked for opinions Art gave one. Now you are attacking him. It is not about the content. We should be able to share thoughts without the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

I have lived through lots of bad presidents. Covid is the easy choice. In fact if you put all of the presidents together vs. covid, covid wins.

Comment

lots of different thoughts here.

Neither effected me much personally. I'm a upper-middle class white dude so all good with trump. I know no one who died from Covid. I got hired into a good job, I gamed a ton, so not much change there.

For my immediate-me, I'd say I'd rather have another Covid than Trump, but I'm not going to choose between 3.8 million deaths and the havoc caused in so many facets of world-wide society by Trump.
                Not going to choose between Seth's MIL and your wife's mental well being.

That's above my pay grade.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I guess Im gonna troll but whats the point of this thread other than to rile shit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Come on revo. TW asked for opinions Art gave one. Now you are attacking him. It is not about the content. We should be able to share thoughts without the drama.
                    You bring up an interesting point here but I'm not sure it's so clear cut.

The post he was responding to called someone a "c**t". Much of the rest of the post could be interpreted in a similar tone depending on your perspective (or you could agree with it, I don't know). But what line do we draw where the ridiculous/absurd/grotesque/inappropriate is pushed back on? Hypothetically (using these to explain a point, not compare to this post so don't start... ) if someone instead threw out a racial slur is that ok? Note that racial slurs have been used on this board, so it's not all that hypothetical. What if someone denied the existence of the holocaust - is that just an opinion too? I'm pretty sure we all have our lines, and it isn't just a question about "giving an opinion". I think it's fair to push back, no? Asking this for your response, not a hypothetical.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      I guess Im gonna troll but whats the point of this thread other than to rile shit up.
                      least troll thing said here.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Could probably be said about most of the hot button topics. You aren't wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Could probably be said about most of the hot button topics. You aren't wrong though.
                          At least most hot button topics are relevant. This is as relevant as asking if Trump was worse than the destruction of Pompeii.

Comment

At least most hot button topics are relevant. This is as relevant as asking if Trump was worse than the destruction of Pompeii.
                            Trump or the dismantling of the Marlins World Series teams immediately after winning?

Comment

Sort of --- it's be more like asking what is worse, the eruption of Vesuvius that killed hundreds of thousands or the corrupt, pathological liar who did everything in his power to convince the people of Pompeii that a volcanic eruption just wasn't that big of a deal, leading to tens of thousands (or more) unnecessary deaths (among many, many, many, many, many, many other acts of depravity, corruption, and anti-democratic action). I mean, volcanoes (and viruses) don't have intentions, so....
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                              X