Keeper haul - HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper haul - HDID?

Had a team in my 16-team H2H points league that I really loved this year, but they underachieved like mad and I started dealing for keepers a couple of weeks ago. Exact costs could change depending on who gets playing time in the 2nd half, but here's where I landed:

$260 cap, $100 keepers allowed

Pete Alonso $10
    Alec Bohm $10 (only worth it with a strong 2H)
    JD Martinez $12
    Spencer Torkelson $1
    Alex Kiriloff $5

Kyle Gibson $4
    Logan Gilbert $5
    Shane McClanahan $7
    MacKenzie Gore $1
    Cole Irvin $5
    James Kaprielian $5
    Daniel Lynch $1 or $5
    Nate Pearson $1 or $5
    AJ Puk $1 or $5 (longshot I know)

Some really nice pieces there. No A listers, but plenty of real talent. Work to be done at auction to be sure, but probably a real improvement. Congrats!

Comment

Really like the hitting. A lot of young talent at P, but high risk for next year even, IMO.

I'm not sure I buy how good Irvin and Gibson have been so far.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I like the hitters, and of the pitchers, I like Gilbert, McClanahan & Gore. Pearson could be nice as well. Overall, good job.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Really like the hitting. A lot of young talent at P, but high risk for next year even, IMO.

I'm not sure I buy how good Irvin and Gibson have been so far.
          I agree. Overall, I like the collection of talent on the hitter side a lot, but I don't buy Irvin or Gibson, and as always, expect some attrition among the arms. You seem to be baking hard on young arms, which can break your heart, but if even 2-3 of them pan all the way out, you can jettison the rest and have a great, cheap core of arms to build around in-season.

Comment

Tork promoted to AA
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I agree. Overall, I like the collection of talent on the hitter side a lot, but I don't buy Irvin or Gibson, and as always, expect some attrition among the arms. You seem to be baking hard on young arms, which can break your heart, but if even 2-3 of them pan all the way out, you can jettison the rest and have a great, cheap core of arms to build around in-season.
              That's my thought exactly. Our league is weighted towards pitching so having depth there is key, to stream in those 2-start SPs each week.

Comment

Working...
              X