If it were 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it were 2020

The season would be over. How did you do through 60 games? I would have no wins, but all the teams are upper division or in the playoffs.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

If it was 2020 the season wouldn't even have started yet. Not until July 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      The season would be over. How did you do through 60 games? I would have no wins, but all the teams are upper division or in the playoffs.

J
      If you mean a 60 game season. I would be in first place in my NL only 12 team 5x5. 21 points ahead of second place.

AL not so much. 9th place 44.5 points out of first. 26 points out of the money (4th).

Comment

Ugh. Catastrophic for his year. Good to excellent pitching on all three teams paired with really bad to unimaginably awful hitting.

Tearing down my AL only to the studs this year.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Ugh. Catastrophic for his year. Good to excellent pitching on all three teams paired with really bad to unimaginably awful hitting.

Tearing down my AL only to the studs this year.
          Did that in my NL only...started out Stars and Scrubs, and ended up with only scrubs. Luis Castillo, Corey Seager, Mookie Betts, Dustin May, Christian Yelich, and the list goes on.

Finally traded off Yelich for the reviled Keston Hiura and Matt Allen. So it's a total rebuild next year with a rare bundle of cash to spend at auction.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I entered this season with NO keepers - first time that has happened in league history, as I sold off my few worthy keeps for draft picks in a total rebuild.

my farm is ridiculous - 5-S2 til after they lose rookie status for Luciano, HRamos, Baty, CCarroll, BMarquez, McLain (if drafted by an NL team), and will have the first pick just after the mid-July MLB draft and also the 4th at the moment (and working on swapping it for the 2nd overall).

not as much good fortune out of the auction, so recently traded TTurner 44 and Blackmon 32 for Chisholm 5-S2 (last year never happened in this league). injuries out the wazoo (have 13 currently on the IL), and have kissed a lot of frogs who - have not turned out to be princes.

also will have two of the top 6 farm picks in April 2022. the pricing of farmhands and the increasingly positive results for "can't miss" prospects seem to have made this maybe the lone path to victory (after I zagged off that zig successfully for decades. hey, he not busy being born is busy dying - Bob Dylan said that).

shorter answer - I have a season-low and pitiful 23.5 points, a mere 71 pts out of the lead and 38 points out of the money. but I made my peace with all this before the season ever started.

have only finished last twice - 1995 and 2000 - and I'll fight (after our July 15 farm draft) to move up a couple of spots down the stretch to improve my 2022 farm pick.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              have kissed a lot of frogs who have not turned out to be princes.
              Thank you so much for this, JJ. I think this is one of my favorite lines I’ve read in ages. So perfect for the context too.

Comment

I would:
                - be in 5th in my 16-team redraft, good enough for $300 prize money
                - win my 15-tm keeper
                - finish just outside the money in RJEL, which would be disastrous since I traded my 1st rd pick
                - win the RJ NFBC league

All in all......bring back the pandemic rules!!! End the season NOW!!!

Comment

Lots of frogs, one prince, Cedric Mullins.

I needed a pickup when Royce Lewis went down. It's not quite finding Adrian Beltre in 2004, but it will do.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X