Patrick Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Wisdom

Patrick Wisdom went 2-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI in a 4-3 win over the Giants on Sunday.
    Wisdom launched a 105.6 mile per hour blast to center field in the second inning off of Johnny Cueto to score the first run for the Cubs. With a man on base in the fourth, he did it again. Sending a ball 108.3 miles per hour deep to center field to tie the game. The 29-year-old third baseman is up to seven homers with a .412/.444/.1.088 triple-slash and 10 RBI over just 36 plate appearances. Wisdom's 36.1 percent strikeout rate and .500 BABIP suggests what he's doing is not sustainable to this degree. -Sports Edge

I FAAB'd him on 6/3 since then he has gotten me 3 hrs and raised his OBP from .440 to .444. Not a bad place holder until JD Davis gets back.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I FAAB'd him on 6/3 since then he has gotten me 3 hrs and raised his OBP from .440 to .444. Not a bad place holder until JD Davis gets back.
    If that 58% HR/FB rate regresses along with the previously mentioned BABIP, he actually could be a pretty bad placeholder.

Comment

Cost me 8 FAAB bucks to find out. Then again my other choices are Jason Vosler (still available) or Tucupita Marcano (on my bench).

I hope he stays hot for bit longer.

Comment

I just added him in NL only for 7 to take the place of the suckitude that is Travis Shaw and/or CJ Cron.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I just added him in NL only for 7 to take the place of the suckitude that is Travis Shaw and/or CJ Cron.
          I hope you and I and whoever else jumps on can get some stats before he crashes down to earth.

Comment

Hit another one last night bring his total to 8 in 15 games.

He is approaching Cub's record territory. Wow.

Comment

Working...
            X