Post Super 2 Callups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Super 2 Callups

If I am reading things correctly, 10 June is the latest date that Super 2 issues can arise this season. Who should we expect to see called up the week following?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    If I am reading things correctly, 10 June is the latest date that Super 2 issues can arise this season. Who should we expect to see called up the week following?

J
    Good question. I wander who might come up...

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      Good question. I wander who might come up...
      I think is a vidal question.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

We could see some real talent called up Duran the month.

Comment

I see you are oliveris, so you may have the witt for some other options, sanchez some lesser names.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Jackson Kowar is being called up today, surprisingly pre-Super 2.

Comment

I'm looking for a Cal Raleigh promotion this week in 2 different leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Interesting. He's killing it with the bat, but defense has always been a big question. Think they'll bring him up as the backup?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Interesting. He's killing it with the bat, but defense has always been a big question. Think they'll bring him up as the backup?
                  He's the future at the position for the org, so if they can let Kelenic and Trammell mostly struggle at the big league level, let the kid as well. From recent Athletic article

Raleigh is 24, and between his college experience at Florida State and his four-plus seasons in the Mariners’ system, he has over 1,600 plate appearances. He’s off to a .375/.426/.693 start with Triple-A Tacoma with five home runs and 20 RBIs. A switch-hitting catcher, Raleigh is hitting .565 (!) against lefties. In case you’re wondering, he’s a good receiver and has a great reputation for his studious preparation and being an advocate for his pitcher.Raleigh’s time is coming — or should be coming. The Mariners haven’t gotten much offensive production from their catchers. Tom Murphy is hitting .170, Luis Torrens, now in Triple A, hit .178 in the big leagues. José Godoy is hitting .263 in seven games but isn’t a long-term answer.
                  The Mariners have been careful with rotating their catchers early in the season, not wanting to wear one out during the course of a long season. When Raleigh comes up, he’ll need to play. Maybe this happens later in the month, but it’s time to see what he can do at this level.

Comment

Thanks, Jason!

Comment

He's the future at the position for the org, so if they can let Kelenic and Trammell mostly struggle at the big league level, let the kid as well. From recent Athletic article
                      Depending on how big of a deal CBS makes of his call up (if he is called up) I should be able to get him for $5 of FAAB this Wednesday night. FAAB players can be kept the year they are picked up plus one additional year (no raises). Any FAAB player won under $5 cannot be kept.

Thanks for the tip. I will be watching and waiting.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Any updates?
                          Nothing yet, though they did DFA Nottingham, so it opens up a C slot.

Comment

I picked up Raleigh with a $0 bid in my redraft league with this info. I could probably afford to hang onto him for a couple of weeks before my walking wounded return, and then it's him or Jeffers who would need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I picked up Raleigh with a $0 bid in my redraft league with this info. I could probably afford to hang onto him for a couple of weeks before my walking wounded return, and then it's him or Jeffers who would need to go.
                              Nice. Our rules do not allow us to pick up players until they are on the active roster. It would be nice if they called him up this afternoon. FAAB is tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X