Tim Anderson for Kelenic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Anderson for Kelenic?

AL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. $260 budget. 12 teams.

Would you trade 31B Tim Anderson (I would be playing him out next year no raise) for 10A Kelenic?

I am rebuilding and the Anderson owner. I would also be throwing in some lame duck pieces to improve his position.

My team is built for next year. One of the other threads got me to thinking about Kelenic. I have the trade offer set to send. Thought I might get some thoughts before doing so.

if you are rebuilding heck yeah. Seems like a light return for the Kelenic owner anyway. You could probably turn around and sell him again and get better pieces.

Comment

Agree with Pauly, too light a return. You'll need to add much more.

Comment

In concept, I agree with Pauly and revo, but if you have a functional piece to go with Anderson, given Kelenic's slow start, it might be enough to at least start negotiations.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Kelenic side

Comment

I added the spare parts and pressed the send.

He just came back and said it was a nice offer but Kelenic is a must keep for next year.

Comment

Kelenic is 8 for 78 at the moment.

he's only 21 (22 next month), but still.

if he doesn't start 2022 on the Mariners' Opening Day roster, would you lose him?

our farmhands have been 5 for years. at 10, would be nice if the guy could fog a mirror at least - especially claiming a crucial OF slot.

Kelenic's longterm MLB future is not the same as his fantasy baseball future, assuming you have typically shorter contract windows.

the Mariners can be patient with him for 2-3 years and come out ahead.

fantasy owners, um....
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-04-2021, 10:47 PM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I added the spare parts and pressed the send.

He just came back and said it was a nice offer but Kelenic is a must keep for next year.
                Well, if Kelenic continues to struggle and he's close, maybe he'll come back to you. Worth the offer just for that reason.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Bob Nightengale
                  @BNightengale
                  ·
                  11m
                  The Seattle #Mariners send prized prospect Jarred Kelenic back to Triple-A Tacoma after hitting .096 with 26 strikeouts in 23 games.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Bob Nightengale
                    @BNightengale
                    ·
                    11m
                    The Seattle #Mariners send prized prospect Jarred Kelenic back to Triple-A Tacoma after hitting .096 with 26 strikeouts in 23 games.
                    If Kelenic does not make the opening day roster next year, many teams will not be able to keep him. Our owner activated him when he was called up, so now he can only keep him next year if he makes the team. So added risk for sure, but he suddenly has become more available via trade in our league.

Comment

our version of that rule might be worth considering: the prospect can return to an owner's farm system as long as the player has not exceeded 130 AB or 50 IP in MLB. Kelenic has 83 so far.

for the most part, anyone who has exceeded those limits and then doesn't make a team the following season - well, no great loss. and uber-prospects such as Kelenic don't disappear from an owner's roster.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

our version of that rule might be worth considering: the prospect can return to an owner's farm system as long as the player has not exceeded 130 AB or 50 IP in MLB. Kelenic has 83 so far.

for the most part, anyone who has exceeded those limits and then doesn't make a team the following season - well, no great loss. and uber-prospects such as Kelenic don't disappear from an owner's roster.
                        This sounds like a good rule to me. I hate gambling on promoting my farm guys and losing farm eligibility when they fall below the rookie cut-off.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Our league's rule is if you bring up a player to your active roster, then their clock has started and contract has been activated. You can put the player back down to your reserve roster for any reason during the season. But as far as roto rules are concerned, that player no longer has rookie status no matter the # of AB. If the owner did not bring up Kelenick and left then in their reserve roster, then they could protect them in their reserve roster keeper list next year if the player did not make the opening day roster.

Comment

we go the other way - if he's recalled, you have to activate him within 8 to 14 days or lose him (unless he's demoted or IL before decision day). BUT that activation makes zero different to his status, which remains at the rookie threshold.

if you owned a good relief prospect, conceivably he could pitch 2 MLB IP one season, 8 the next, and 35 the next - and conceivably be activated several times yet still wind up back in the farm after that third season, with no worries of him having to make an opening day roster in Year 4.

whether it's worth changing your rule really depends on fondness for forcing an owner to choose if to activate a good farmhand. there is some real strategy/decision-making involved there, so I could understand if the appeal of that outweighs being a bit more protective of a good prospect's keepability.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Why not let managers have the option of keeping a player if they don't make the team? You can keep a player that starts the year on the IL, right? How is starting the year in the minors any different?
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X