Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Text area grayed out when posting

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zola View Post
    Oh great, there goes the best chance we have to collect enough to clean up the back end.
    I could likely do it for free given the access to do so.

What is meant specifically by clean up the back end?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I could likely do it for free given the access to do so. What is meant specifically by clean up the back end?
    I've asked a couple of IT professionals to poke around the back end and both said something like, "needs some work" and "needs a clean-up".
    I don't know exactly what this entails. They mentioned certificates and other security measures and I get a handful of notes from the server each year, usually citing a memory overload and turning off of some functions (but the site has yet to be affected).
    Ideally, I'd also like to consolidate and host this site on the server where I have Mastersball and CreativeSports since there is plenty of room.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Journeyman
    Both methods Ken suggested allow me to post now (thanx, Ken). But I'm still getting logged out almost immediately so I have to keep re-logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    Both methods Ken suggested allow me to post now (thanx, Ken). But I'm still getting logged out almost immediately so I have to keep re-logging in.
    I'm getting this too. I can also only post in html at times.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Journeyman
    <p>
    Now, when I use punctuation, I&#39;m getting special characters and numbers instead and paragraph codes at the start and end of my posts.</p>
    <p>
    Edit: Except I didnt get them on this post, so this either is an intermittent issue or something I havent figured out yet.</p>
    <p>
    Edit 2: When I edited the post, then I got them.</p>

Whatever is doing this, it has worsened in the last 2 weeks. I can only post in HTML, and if I edit, then it’s the same as RHD

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Whatever is doing this, it has worsened in the last 2 weeks. I can only post in HTML, and if I edit, then it’s the same as RHD
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    That's so bizarre. Maybe it's a YOU problem, lol.
    Ken's solution from post #33 is still working for me.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Ken's solution from post #33 is still working for me.
    Yeah, that works, but the "enhanced editor" is horrible and if you go back to edit it, it destroys the entire post.

Journeyman
    Another weird thing about this site is that if I'm logged out, the time stamp on the posts is 1 hour later than if I'm logged in.

And I'm still getting logged out almost immediately much of the time, even tho I always specify "Remember Me".

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    Another weird thing about this site is that if I'm logged out, the time stamp on the posts is 1 hour later than if I'm logged in.

And I'm still getting logged out almost immediately much of the time, even tho I always specify "Remember Me".
    Are you logging in using the login in the bar at the very top? That box seems to "remember".

When I login with the full page login, the remember me never works.