Text area grayed out when posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text area grayed out when posting

Seems like I can't post on chrome, and most of the time I try there's a gray box over the main text area. Anyway - hope everyone's good. If you've got any tips LMK.
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
    Seems like I can't post on chrome, and most of the time I try there's a gray box over the main text area. Anyway - hope everyone's good. If you've got any tips LMK.
    chrome works for me

would be interested to see the gray box - you might screenshot it and send.

Chrome just put out a change yesterday that broke some of the sites I support, but not this one (for me at least)

Comment

Yeah I think I'm getting logged out randomly. Looks ok now, might be an intermittent thing.
      I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
        Yeah I think I'm getting logged out randomly. Looks ok now, might be an intermittent thing.
        logging in is weird. to post I have to login at the top and click the "stay logged in" checkbox. If I dont I get logged out between typing my post and it posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          logging in is weird. to post I have to login at the top and click the "stay logged in" checkbox. If I dont I get logged out between typing my post and it posting.
          Happens to me too.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Happens to me too.
            It's all luck.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Same here for a while now. But I'm starting to get used to being forced to log in and out 3-6 times each time I post. I have also got in the habit of copying each post before I hit the "Reply" button so I can paste it instead of retyping following the inevitable forced log out. I suspect that many other posters who have disappeared are not as patient as I am.

Cookies are cleared (3-6 times before each post).
              Same issue with multiple PC browsers (Firefox & Microsoft Edge).
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Same here for a while now. But I'm starting to get used to being forced to log in and out 3-6 times each time I post. I have also got in the habit of copying each post before I hit the "Reply" button so I can paste it instead of retyping following the inevitable forced log out. I suspect that many other posters who have disappeared are not as patient as I am.

Cookies are cleared (3-6 times before each post).
                Same issue with multiple PC browsers (Firefox & Microsoft Edge).
                That's so bizarre. I've never encountered this problem on Chrome, so I'm not sure what the solution may be.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  That's so bizarre. I've never encountered this problem on Chrome, so I'm not sure what the solution may be.
                  I've only seen that when I dont check the box to stay signed in

Comment

Is this possibly related to the site certificate having issues? Just a wild guess on my part.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Is this possibly related to the site certificate having issues? Just a wild guess on my part.
                      I wouldn't know how to correct that.

I googled this issue and it seems like it's happened throughout the years on vBulletin boards, and no one knows why. It's one of life's great mysteries, like the Loch Ness Monster and Abominable Snowman.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I wouldn't know how to correct that.

I googled this issue and it seems like it's happened throughout the years on vBulletin boards, and no one knows why. It's one of life's great mysteries, like the Loch Ness Monster and Abominable Snowman.
                        I'm trying a different PC today and I believe I'm seeing the issue mentioned above.

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I had this issue for the last several days. Resolved itself today, no idea how or why.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              I had this issue for the last several days. Resolved itself today, no idea how or why.
                              I still have the issue about 80% of the time. Not sure how or why it resolves itself the other 20% of the time.

Here are some of the workarounds that i use to combat the issue.

Copy every post before hitting reply so i can paste it on my next attempt if i get logged out and it doesn't go through and is lost on the first try.

Click the "Refresh" button when i have the gray box screen and then quickly try to click the "Stop Refresh" or (X) button at just the right millisecond before the refresh process is complete to stop the gray box from returning. It's like playing a video game in the middle of posting. Sometimes it take more than 20 tries to time it just right and eliminate the gray box. But the gray box returns the very next time i try to post and i have to do this again.

Type out the HTML codes when posting videos, images, tweets, or links since those option buttons are usually not available after using the refresh technique described above.

But I still have to go through multiple logins and logouts to complete each post when I'm having the issue. It can be challenging sometimes.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X