No announcement yet.

Text area grayed out when posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever is doing this, it has worsened in the last 2 weeks. I can only post in HTML, and if I edit, then it’s the same as RHD

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Whatever is doing this, it has worsened in the last 2 weeks. I can only post in HTML, and if I edit, then it’s the same as RHD
      That's so bizarre. Maybe it's a YOU problem, lol.
      Ken's solution from post #33 is still working for me.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Yeah, that works, but the "enhanced editor" is horrible and if you go back to edit it, it destroys the entire post.

Comment

Another weird thing about this site is that if I'm logged out, the time stamp on the posts is 1 hour later than if I'm logged in.

And I'm still getting logged out almost immediately much of the time, even tho I always specify "Remember Me".

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Another weird thing about this site is that if I'm logged out, the time stamp on the posts is 1 hour later than if I'm logged in.

And I'm still getting logged out almost immediately much of the time, even tho I always specify "Remember Me".
            Are you logging in using the login in the bar at the very top? That box seems to "remember".

When I login with the full page login, the remember me never works.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Are you logging in using the login in the bar at the very top? That box seems to "remember". When I login with the full page login, the remember me never works.
              I see only one place to log in, which is at top right of screen.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                After encountering the gray box once again today, i found that my personal settings were changed back from enhanced editor (no gray box) to standard editor (with gray box). I changed it back once again and Ken's fix worked for me once again. It's very odd that personal settings are now being changed.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, that works, but the "enhanced editor" is horrible and if you go back to edit it, it destroys the entire post.
                  That's odd. I haven't had any problems editing with the enhanced mode.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok, it finally happened to me when editing in enhanced mode. So, I went back and edited my post a second time and clicked "go advanced" before saving the changes and that fixed the problem.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Another weird thing about this site is that if I'm logged out, the time stamp on the posts is 1 hour later than if I'm logged in. And I'm still getting logged out almost immediately much of the time, even tho I always specify "Remember Me".
                      Another weird aspect of these website issus that I've just noticed recently is that, in addition to being constantly automatically logged out, I am also being constantly automatically logged back in again. So instead of manually logging back in again every time I see I have been logged out, now I am mostly just ignoring this and waiting until later when I am logged back in again.

Comment

Interesting that this is only an issue for me in Chrome, but not in Microsoft Wave or on my iPad.

Comment

Working...
                        X