Text area grayed out when posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Maybe my post panning redford and the natural was enough to blow up the system
    To be fair, this is deserved in that case.

Comment

Troubleshooting with Pauly.

Not a solution, but if you are stuck in the gray box mode and need to post, the mobile style lets you at least post.

Use the style dropdown in bottom left (and if you want to switch back, use the "full site" link at the bottom after)

Comment

Ohhhhh better solution:

forum actions dropdown at the top
        choose general settings
        scroll down to editor (near bottom)
        select enhanced

save

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Troubleshooting with Pauly.

Not a solution, but if you are stuck in the gray box mode and need to post, the mobile style lets you at least post.

Use the style dropdown in bottom left (and if you want to switch back, use the "full site" link at the bottom after)
          This one worked for me.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Ohhhhh better solution:

choose general settings
            select enhanced

save
            This one did not help in my case.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              This one worked for me.
              I am having the same problem and this is the only thing that works for me at the moment as well.

Comment

Funny, the grayed out box finally happened to me this morning, and Ken's fix worked

Comment

<p>
                  Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Funny, the grayed out box finally happened to me this morning, and Ken&#39;s fix worked
                  I just tried it again and it worked this time. Maybe I didn&#39;t reload or something. I will keep it on enhanced now. Thanks Ken.</p>

Comment

Ohhhhh better solution:

choose general settings
                    select enhanced

save
                    Thanks Ken. This fix is working for me.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh great, there goes the best chance we have to collect enough to clean up the back end.
                      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                        Oh great, there goes the best chance we have to collect enough to clean up the back end.
                        I could likely do it for free given the access to do so.

What is meant specifically by clean up the back end?

Comment

I could likely do it for free given the access to do so. What is meant specifically by clean up the back end?
                          I've asked a couple of IT professionals to poke around the back end and both said something like, "needs some work" and "needs a clean-up".
                          I don't know exactly what this entails. They mentioned certificates and other security measures and I get a handful of notes from the server each year, usually citing a memory overload and turning off of some functions (but the site has yet to be affected).
                          Ideally, I'd also like to consolidate and host this site on the server where I have Mastersball and CreativeSports since there is plenty of room.

Comment

Both methods Ken suggested allow me to post now (thanx, Ken). But I'm still getting logged out almost immediately so I have to keep re-logging in.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Both methods Ken suggested allow me to post now (thanx, Ken). But I'm still getting logged out almost immediately so I have to keep re-logging in.
                              I'm getting this too. I can also only post in html at times.

Comment

<p>
                                Now, when I use punctuation, I&#39;m getting special characters and numbers instead and paragraph codes at the start and end of my posts.</p>
                                <p>
                                Edit: Except I didnt get them on this post, so this either is an intermittent issue or something I havent figured out yet.</p>
                                <p>
                                Edit 2: When I edited the post, then I got them.</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X