No announcement yet.

The USFL is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live right in the belly of the "Real Housewives of NJ" beast - clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right!....

all of the highway signs and many/most of the stores and restaurants on that show are familiar. it's kind of weird to know that one of them could turn up anywhere you go. just dumb luck that it hasn't happened yet.

if someone actually likes the show/characters, it likely wouldn't be too difficult to spot one in their natural habitat. just don't startle them - tis rumored that they'll bite and scratch if they feel cornered....
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-04-2021, 02:53 PM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      looks like Birmingham, Denver, Los Angeles, and Tampa Bay also were in all 3 seasons in the same city without mergers
      The Denver Gold were going to move to Portland for the 1986 season that never happened.

The LA Express actually folded after the 1985 season, but then the league followed suit shortly thereafter. The joke back then was that the LA Express & Washington Federals would merge to become the Washington Federal Express.

Tampa Bay owner John Bassitt hated "Former Guy", you know, the one who destroyed the league (and then went on to destroy a lot of other things!). He also was going to pull the Bandits out of the USFL for the 1986 season because he adamantly did not want the USFL moving to the fall to compete with the NFL, but Former Guy succeeded in brainwashing/strongarming the other owners, and then Bassitt died of brain cancer. The new owners went down with the ship.

Comment

the "team mergers" were another weird aspect of that league
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          did I ever ask if Bethany is a distant relative? My housewife obsessed wife wants to know.
          Not to my knowledge. But if it makes you a little cooler in your wife’s eyes by association, then yes - close relatives.

Comment

Working...
          X