Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yusmeiro Petit has 7 wins already

yes, that is how we are playing it.

in a social league, I think that a category that becomes increasingly subject to chance is a feature, not a bug. it improves the odds of owners who tend not to be as competitive to have a chance at a little glory while not nearly making the entire competition random overall.
    in 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP TWalker 10, KH Kim 2, AWood, Neidert 5-min
    P Price 3
    RP Bender, Hembree, Bednar, Tepera
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B Fuentes 13, 13 McKinstry, 2B Chisholm 5-IL, SS Gregorius 17, MI Solano 2
    OF Pollock 17, Hoerner 5, Bader 1, Daza 1-IL, Jankowski, UT TTaylor
    IL/min - Nola 32 SGray 16 Carrasco 16 Graterol 2 Knebel; Cain 14 ERios 2 Fowler Hurst KLee LGarcia Fargas

Scooter Stunt Double Moonlight J's Avatar
    Petit's wins are coming from his leverage usage behind standard starters. He's out there like Everyday Eddie Guardado back in the day and Oakland is in many late & close games. Remember Mike Dunn back in 2014 with the Braves?

Wrote about this last week at Rotowire - https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/article.php?id=57355

"7 wins" kept resonating with me..... found it!

the original Rotisserie League book in 1984 included a $5 "add-a-player draft" for September - partly to goose the pot, and partly to give a chance to hamstrung owners (not only did we only get 3 moves a year to replace awful active players, but you could only do it by claiming someone else's trash on waivers. it was almost as rough as walking uphill for 3 miles to school both coming and going as kids).

I chose Miguel Dilone in 1984, who is now 66 years young but could run a bit BITD. he indeed swiped 4 bases that September.

in 1987, I chose Pascual Perez - who on Aug. 28 pitched 9 shutout IP in his second appearance of the season.

well, Pascual made 8 starts for me in the final 32 games of the Expos season, producing:
    W W W W W W W ND

7 wins - as a September pickup

I settled for the 4th and final money slot in that era, content in the knowledge that ain't nobody ever beating that pick.

we still have the add-a-player draft, but interest has faded - even among my old-timers.

my next-most memorable pick was one year picking fungible OF Reed Johnson to boost my AVG.
    instead he screwed the pooch, costing me the $5 I paid for him AND the $100 or so more I'd have gotten in consolation money if he only had broken his jaw (or really any bone) in his first PA.....
    in 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP TWalker 10, KH Kim 2, AWood, Neidert 5-min
    P Price 3
    RP Bender, Hembree, Bednar, Tepera
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B Fuentes 13, 13 McKinstry, 2B Chisholm 5-IL, SS Gregorius 17, MI Solano 2
    OF Pollock 17, Hoerner 5, Bader 1, Daza 1-IL, Jankowski, UT TTaylor
    IL/min - Nola 32 SGray 16 Carrasco 16 Graterol 2 Knebel; Cain 14 ERios 2 Fowler Hurst KLee LGarcia Fargas